Wednesday, December 21, 2011

New life, new hope, new joy He brings...Won't you listen to the angels sing...Glory, Glory, Glory to the new born King...

Happy Wednesday, sistahs! The holidays are finally catching up with me...and I'm a teensy bit frantic! Anyone else with me out there in blog land? It's time for me to get MOVING! So as I get moving, this will be a quick post. *wink* My mojo was going full speed the other night so I made a few cards to share this week. I pulled out Sweet Sunday Sketch #146 from a few weeks ago as a starting point.


I colored this Choir image from Stamping Bella at LEAST a year ago, and it has been hiding in my stash since then. But it's still one of my favorites. Here's my card:


I flipped the sketch a little, but you can still see it. I really REALLY love how it turned out. I cut and embossed the main image & mat with Nestabilities, and added the Season's Greetings sentiment in a pattern on one of the background panels. I love doing this when there isn't really a "place" for a sentiment, or you don't have one that's the right size for the card front. I also added some glitter and Liquid Applique to the image. Here's a closeup:


To finish it off, I tied a little bow with seam binding and added some glitter dots...love those things! Well, now I've gotta run! Thanks for stopping by to say hi...I hope you have a fabulous day!




3 comments:

Heather B said...

I LOVE the way you colored that image!! It's so cute!!

Mary-Anne V said...

So cute... just love your creations. BTW what was the name of the distressed ink that you used? jeandonny2000@hotmail.com

Robin McK said...

Shannan - this is so beautiful! Really rich colours, they just grab your eye!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!