Saturday, April 18, 2009

Raise your hopeful voice...you have a choice...you'll make it now...

Howdy, everyone! What's everyone up to this weekend? I'm up late stamping...got lots to catch up on! I just wanted to show you a card I made earlier with Anna's latest Whipper Snapper release.


I always print sketch challenges and they end up piling up and cluttering my already cluttered room. But this week, I decided to PLAY for once! First up was Amy R's Friday Sketch Challenge, because it most fit my main image panel. The cupcake image is from the What's Cookin' set, and before stamping it, I drew a light pencil line on my watercolor paper to line up the images. I stamped the image three times in Stazon Black and watercolored them with my waterbrush & reinkers. Once they were dry, I added the shadows with Copic markers. I also dotted the cherries with Diamond Glaze and added a little bling to the cupcake wrappers with my Clear Spica Glitter pen. The sentiment is from the same set...I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black and cut & embossed it with the Mega Rectangle Nestabilities. The lace is yummy...I picked it up at The Crafty Scrapper on my last trip there.The rest is pretty self-explainatory...if you have any questions, feel free to ask, but make sure you leave me your email so I can answer you! *grin*

It's pretty late, so I'm gonna run...hope you have a wonderful Saturday! I will be back with some blog candy later Saturday afternoon once I get a pic, so stay tuned!

14 comments:

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Aaaaack!!!! I adore this, Shannan!!! I was being SO good...not buying stuff at the drop of a hat anymore! Well, you just BLEW that for me! LOL! I now HAVE to have Anna's set...I have to , I tell ya! And that lace...it's calling my name!!
Oh...and I have to tell you that your coloring is out of this world amazing!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just adorable, Shannan!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Holy Cow, girlie! This is scrumptious! Oh to be a coloring extraordinaire like you! {sigh}

Anonymous said...

Awwww so cute! I love the cupcakes and that lace is gorgeous! Gorgeous coloring too!

Jessie/knightrone said...

How CA-UTE!!

Nicky said...

This card is fab as usual Shannan!!! I love the colours you used.

Hugs
Nicky

Anonymous said...

Fab card Shannan!! I love the colors you used!! Blessings and hugs!!

veronica said...

your watercoloring is perfect! i love it.

LindaH said...

your painting on these cupcakes left me breathless!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful and yummy-looking, too! Love that lace!

Anonymous said...

Watercoloring is my total weekness and your coloring is stunning Shannan! Can choc. be beautiful?? Yeah!!

Allison Rankin said...

Oh my...you did some super coloring (love the shadows!).

P.S. Thanks for the advice. I give that boy jobs all the time! Seriously, he cooks dinner, bakes cookies, gardens, washes walls [that is usually punishment], helps with his baby sister, etc. He knew how to unload the dishwasher and vacuum at 18 months since I needed to forever keep him busy! I guess I just need to teach him how to paint and I could get our house, deck and fence done!

shel9999 said...

Fabulous coloring and shading, Shannan! SUPER cute!

Amy Sheffer said...

How sweet! Incredible coloring!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!