Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Try to get yourself a bargain, son...don't be sold on the very first one...

Happy Tuesday, y'all! It's a crazy day around here as we are getting ready for school to start again on Thursday. Is it Thursday yet??!!! *wink*

Anyway, it's time for a new Skipping Stones Design sketch, and since it's a new month, we get to welcome a new Guest Sketch Artist! I'm excited about the sketches that Pamela Young has come up with for January. Here's our first one:


Fun, right? I went with a monochromatic look for this week:


I chose a range of pinks (Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, & Rose Red) and stamped this fabulous pattern from Grunge onto each strip in Versamark ink. Then I embossed them with clear detail embossing powder and rounded opposite corners.


After adhering the strips to my Kraft card base, I stamped the sentiment in Fresh Snow ink three times without re-inking the stamp, making it lighter as I went. I added a ink blotch to the bottom corner, and then tied some white crochet thread around the top in a loopy bow. Easy and fabulous!

Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to head over to the Skipping Stones Design blog for details on how you could win a free set if you play along with the sketch!  And take a look at what my teammates (and our special guests) have created:





6 comments:

Wendy said...

Just BEAUTIFUL Shannon!!! I love it! Great colors, great design!!! I hope you had great holidays!!!

wendyp said...

Loving those strips with the rounded corners! Awesome card!

Bev Gerard said...

Oh my! This is totally delish, Shannan! (And pink too!!) Love your take on this fabby sketch.

YES! We must catch up at the Grapevine stamp show! I'll bring my camera for sure, and have some {{{huggss}}} ready!

Cindy Lou said...

I love this card! Love the monochromatic look, and am always a fan of versamark embossed on a color to make it pop! Great job :)

ocean-dreamer said...

I love using the sketches for inspiration. Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

Katie Gehring said...

Very cool! I am really digging the monochromatic look!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!