Thursday, October 20, 2011

Close your eyes, make a wish, and blow out the candlelight...

Happy Thursday, y'all! How's your week going? Mine is flying by! Does anyone out there have an extra six hours in the day they can give me? EEK!
Anyway, I was feeling a little creative tonight, so I decided to play along with this month's Sketch for You to Try. I really liked this one...and didn't even change it. *wink*


I dug into my stash of colored images...I'm embarrassed to say there are LOTS and LOTS that need to find homes on cards. I pulled out this one of Izzy has a BIRFDAY Cake from Stamping Bella..love her. Here's what I came up with:


Look at me!! I even used some Prima flowers...I've been hoarding those for a LOOOOONG time. Instead of a single sentiment, I stamped Make a Wish repeatedly on the pale yellow cardstock panel. Here's a closeup:


I used some Liquid Pearls as icing on her cake, then added Stardust Stickles and some Glossy Accents to the cake, tray, and her headband. I also tossed in some lace and Zva Creative Bling for good measure.

Well, that's about it for me today...I hope you have a fabulous day!




7 comments:

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Gorgeous, Shannoopy! :) Wish I had a stash of beautifully colored images...

Dana White said...

Shannan this is so sweet - love the icing looks absolutely yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

You know I never shared how dang many colored images I have. I'm so glad it's not just me. lol
Great card girl! hugs.

Carisa said...

so pretty! And congrats on your engagement!!! you look so happy. :D

Mahmood Ali said...

Amazing! White and pink flower is looking so beautiful i really love it...
Plastic business cards
Plastic Card

jen del muro said...

so pretty!! thanks for playing!

Pam Hornschu said...

Your coloring is fabulous! I really thought you'd added something fuzzy for her hair, but it was just coloring?! Amazing. Such a cute image, and such a fun card!
Pam
www.1pamperedstamper.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!