Sunday, March 6, 2011

But they told me...a man should be faithful...and walk when not able...and fight till the end, but I'm only human...

Happy Sunday, y'all! Thanks for all the support and encouragement on my last post...you guys are awesome! You made me feel all warm and fuzzy. *grin*

I just found a card I made several weeks ago that I never blogged...shame on me! I made it for a Splitcoast Sketch Challenge, but I have no idea which one. *facepalm* I DO know, though, that I used an image from Christy Croll of Tiddly Inks, who is also a fellow Texan. She and a slew of wonderful artists created a collection of images to sell and raise funds for my friend Katie Renz, who is fighting like Wonder Woman against Stage 4 stomach cancer. This image is available HERE, along with a bunch of other adorable images, for only $20. What a deal! There are even more choices, so check the main Help For Katie blog for all the details. 



I printed my image onto Copic Blending Card by X-Press It, then colored it with Copic markers. It was soooo fun to color...isn't it adorable?!
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Print image onto white cardstock
2. Color image and cut with Nestabilities dies
3. Sponge edges with light brown ink
4. Cut white card base to 5.5" square
5. Cut strips of patterned paper and sponge edges
6. Dry emboss Kraft cardstock strip with diamond pattern
7. Adhere strips to white card base.
8. Sand all edges to even them and show white core
9. Cut journaling card, sponge around edges, and adhere to base
10. Adhere main image panel to card base
11. Cut banner strip from white cardstock and sponge edges
12. Spell "SMILE" with stickers onto banner
13. Adhere banner to base across bottom of journaling card
14. Write "you make me" with fine tip marker

Here's a detail shot:


Well, that's about it for me today...I'm off to lunch with my kiddos and Josh's parents. Thanks for coming by to visit me today...have a wonderful afternoon!

Stamps: Double Trouble Digital Image (Tiddly Inks for Katie Renz)
Paper: XPress It Blending Card (Copic), Kraft, White (PTI), A Walk in the Park Collection (Echo Park)
Inks: Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Copic Markers, Banner Die (PTI), Red Marker, Dimensionals (SU), Embossing Folder (Sizzix), Stickers & Journaling Card (Echo Park), Scalloped Edger Punch (EK Success), Labels 8 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Sanding Block

4 comments:

Sandy Ang said...

Such a sweet card !

Michele said...

Yes, she IS adorable!! I LOVE the image you chose, and you did a great job with the coloring! I like how you break down how you made a card.

Thanks so much!!
Michele R.(CA)
LuvkittysFandF at Gmail dot com
Butterfly Whispers

Betty J Schaub said...

tooo stinkin' cute! love the colors too!!!

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Soooo LOVE this!!! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!