Monday, January 3, 2011

So give me your forever...please, your forever...not a day less will do...

Happy...Monday??? Yeah. Well. Anyway.

I just wanted to stop by and say hello...I'm very excited for a new year and a new start...went and bought my new planner today, so I'm ready to rock and roll! So it's time for this year's word. It's like a theme for the year. A way to attack my goals with new perspective. This year will be an...




Last year's word was very appropriate...HOPE. Some days that's all I had to cling to...that one word. And as the clock struck midnight on New Year's Day I sighed and said, "I made it." And I couldn't have without my family, friends, and encouragement from all of you. I still get little "thinking of you" messages and cards that make me smile, and they always arrive exactly when I need them. So thank you. 

This year, my word is ADVENTURE.

Miriam-Webster defines ADVENTURE as:
1 a : an undertaking usually involving danger and unknown risks b : the encountering of risks
2 : an exciting or remarkable experience

I'm not so sure about the danger part, so let's just go with the second one, ok? I don't too much mind risks, but I'm all for an exciting or remarkable experience. And hopefully that's just what this year is going to be!


Have a fabulous day!

7 comments:

Michelle Woerner said...

FABULOUS and quite fitting word for you. I dont' have one. I am overwhelmed at what to pick! How did you come up with yours? Anyway, an ADVENTURE it will be, huh?!? Hugs to you!

Shaunna Lasley said...

I've been a quiet fan of yours for awhile now. Just wanted to tell you, I pray for you and your boys - May God bless your ADVENTURES this year.
Hugs to you - you are an inspiration.
Shaunna

Christi Flores said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog sweetie! I too need a word for this year. Maybe faith? :) Good luck on your adventures this year!! {{HUGS}}

Betty J Schaub said...

Shannan, I LOVE your word!!! I try to always look at the "new" things in my life as an adventure! You are such and inspiration.
Please visit my blog, I have something there for you.
http://zacksnanaat.blogspot.com

Janine said...

What a great word to start your year - God bless you all in your adventures.

Karin said...

May your year be the adventure of a lifetime :)

Pam said...

Oh that is the BEST word! I always was a sucker for those "choose your own adventure" books where you got to pick the ending.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!