Saturday, January 22, 2011

I throw my hands up in the air sometimes...sayin' ayyyyy ohhh...

Happy Saturday, y'all! How's your weekend going so far? Mine has started off with a bang...I couldn't sleep Friday night, so I decided to spend some time in my craft room playing! It has been far too long since I've done that...I sure needed it! I think I might sneak in there tomorrow, too. *wink*

This is one of the three cards I made...I pulled out an image from Kraftin Kimmie Stamps that I colored forever ago. Her name is Charlotte, and I do believe (shhh...don't tell the others) that she's my favorite of all the Moonlight Whispers line.


Since she is so bright and colorful, I decided to keep the rest of the card very simple. Here's how I did it:
1. Stamp image in black ink on white cardstock
2. Color image (I used Copic markers), then sponge around edges with brown ink
3. Cut image & mat using rectangle dies (plain & scalloped)
4. Add glitter to headband, waistband, & hemline of dress, set aside to dry
5. Adhere patterned paper to white card base
6. Round bottom corners and sand edges
7. Stamp sentiment in brown ink
8. Tie green ribbon in a bow around card base
9. Adhere main image panel to card base with foam dimensionals

Here's a closer look at a few details:


Isn't she cute?! I hope you like her. And I hope you have a fabulous weekend...see ya soon!

What's in it:
Stamps: Charlotte (Kraftin Kimmie Stamps), Sentimentally Yours (Technique Tuesday)
Paper: Bella's Bestest Paper, Early Espresso, Neenah White, October Afternoon Ducks in a Row Collection
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Rich Cocoa, Crumb Cake (SU)
Accessories: Mega Rectangle Nestabilities, New Leaf Saddle Stitch Ribbon (PTI), Dimensionals (SU), 2 way Glue pen, Glamour Dust glitter, Copic Markers, Corner Rounder

8 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

eek! Saw this on FB and loved it! Your shading on her hair is awesome! I have this image too and shhhhh it's my fave...haha! I'm going to practice colouring her hair just like YOU! Love it! Thanks for sharing! Hope you were able to get some sleep last night!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!

Princess said...

Most days I see beautiful cards, but don't bother to leave my Google reader to leave a comment. Today is not one of those days! This card is every bit adorable. Wow. Thanks for the step-by-step instruction beause I was so fixated on the copic coloring that I missed the glitter! It's spectacular!

This card is dreamy. I love the type of shadowing you are doing. Very inspiring. I'm going to have to give that a try. Your cards pop like no one elses I've seen.

Thank you for sharing. And I will continue to be an adoring following in my reader!

Unknown said...

I just started following your blog from a post at SCS. I love your work and this girlie is a cutie!! Perfectly what I felt like when my kids were little ones!

Linda McClain said...

Oh my, she's adorable. Love it!

Robin McK said...

Hi Shannan!
I LOVE this card! Fabulous colouring, and great colour choices! TFS

Lynda Benden said...

WOW Shannan, your coloring is AMAZING! She looks like she is up off the paper! Great card girl!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Your coloring is FANTASTIC!! Wow....she looks like she is floating on the paper!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!