Friday, November 4, 2011

Walking on the street with in my new lafreak, yeah...This is how I roll, animal print pants, I patrol...

Happy Friday, y'all! This week our Bellariffic Friday challenge was to add snow to our cards. The temps have been back and forth from 50-80, but this is definitely the only snow I've seen in a VERY long time! We did have our first frost here this morning, so I am crossing my fingers for snow at some point!


On to my card! I had this image of Izzie has a Brelly in my stash, and I thought she would be really cute with a little snow! So I added some ground and little dots here and there with white Liquid Applique...I love that stuff. She was stamped in Memento Black ink and colored with Copics, by the way. Here's a closer look:


My layout was kind of ho-hum, so I dug around and found some paper doilies. Perfect! After mixing some acrylic paints to match her dress, I painted the doily and aged it with distress ink a little bit. I love the little bit of pop it adds to the card. I also added a seam binding bow and a yummy Prima flower just because. *grin*

Well, sistahs...thanks so much for stopping by to see me today! Don't forget to check out Bloggabella for all the other fabulous creations from da Babes & da Sistahood. If you want to play along next week, our theme is: 
Holiday Wishes!
 Create a card or project with a holiday theme.

We also have a question for you! We are planning next year's Bellariffic Friday challenges and would like to know: What are your favorite challenges? I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment and tell me what you think. Can't wait to hear your ideas! Thanks so much, and have a fabulous and Bellariffic Friday!





11 comments:

Regan said...

oooh this is beautiful...and thanks for the party rockin stuck in my head ...again..LOL

paula said...

I love her Shannan, this is such a good idea. I would never had thought of it.

Ebru Vatansever said...

Love it Shannan, you have done such a wonderful job with this card !!

Dana White said...

Shannan how smart are you making her into a holiday card!! I'm guessing that's how it can be in Texas sunny then snow - Sad to say I wouldn't be dressed like Izzie today since we got snow!

Pauline said...

Beautiful Shannan! Love how you added the snow to make her into a Christmas card! and love that purple- one of my fav colours!

Heather B said...

I love her hair!! It looks great. What a good use for "rain" stamps to add snow to them. I'll have to try that!

Linda said...

soo cute! Love the idea of snow instead of rain for the umbrella. (I could do without any snow all winter thank you)

Robin McK said...

Hi Shannan!
Love your Izzie - fabulous colour choices, and great choice for snow!

Robinabella

Linda Carson said...

I saw this on the Bella blog and just had to come by to leave a comment! Your card is so delightful! Beautifully colored, beautifully designed with beautiful details!

Crafty Cath said...

Oh my...I loved this card. What a great idea to substitute snow for rain! And her purple and teal outfit is so stylish! Love it!

Jessica Griffin said...

What a doll!! Beautiful card!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!