Friday, August 14, 2009

I was sitting in the classroom...Trying to look intelligent in case the teacher looked at me...

Good morning, blog friends! It's FRIDAY!!!! Anyone else doin' a Happy Dance about that? I know I am!! It has been a looooooooong week at work, and I'm ready for a little R&R. What do y'all have planned this weekend?

So, today's not only Friday, it's Bellariffic Friday! This week's sketch was done by yours truly, and thankfully my card came together pretty easily. Sounds silly, but sometimes I create a sketch and then can't do a thing with it! *giggle*

I colored this image of Teachabella the other day, so I decided to use it as the focal image for my card. See whatcha think:
I know, it's kinda on the bright side for me...but I love it! This adorable image from Stamping Bella was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Bella's Bestest Paper, then colored with Copic Markers. I cut & embossed the oval with my Nestabilities, then added a Chocolate Chip scalloped oval mat. For the base layer, I matted a piece of Tempting Turquoise cardstock with Chocolate Chip, then stitched around the edges. After adhering that to my Kraft card base, I added a strip of Chocolate Chip cardstock across the middle and wrapped a piece of Riding Hood Red striped ribbon across it. I chose a piece of Jillibean Soup paper from the Minestrone Collection, but the blue didn't match, so I colored the blue stripes with a turquoise Copic marker so it would coordinate with my image and cardstock. I matted that with Chocolate Chip as well, then popped up my main image on dimensionals. Then I added a bow with my red ribbon, and three bronze glass pearls. The finishing touch was some Diamond Glaze on the apple and vase, and some Diamond Stickles on the flowers on Bella's desk.

Well, that's about all the blabbing I have for right now...don't forget to check out Bloggabella to see all the eye candy from the Babes and the Sistahood this week. I hope you enjoyed my card...thanks for coming by to say hi!

Have a wonderful Friday!

6 comments:

carole (TruCarMa) said...

You know I love the bright colors on this one! She looks ready for her students to arrive. She'll change her mind soon enough... LOL! :)

Karen Motz said...

This is so fun! LOVE your crazy sewing.

Randee E said...

Ooh! Love that bright turquoise blue - really pops! You are the queen of turning a sketch into a masterpiece - even if the sketch is your own ;0) Have a great weekend!

Meahni said...

Hey I see you altered you own sketch, lol! Also love the crazy sewing. Stunning card!

TannyP said...

That was quite a fabulous sketch, Shannan! Thanks for kicking everyone into super creative mode. Your card is awesome (as I knew it would be) and the coloring that you do is UNREAL!!

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Love the bright colours in combination with the brown and the craft!

Sunny regards, Renata

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!