Monday, August 17, 2009

Your philosophies on art, Baroque moved you...You loved Mozart, and you'd speak of your loved ones as I clumsily strummed my guitar...

Hey, y'all! Happy Tuesday! Sorry I didn't post over the weekend...I was busy playing nursemaid to myself and my hubby. He's sick, and I am covered with a strange week-old rash from some unexplained (so far) allergic reaction. It's getting old, I tell ya!

So enough whining from me...today is Tuesday, and that means it's time again for another fabulous sketch from Mercy! Here's what we had to play with this week.


Fun, huh? I love the details Mercy adds to her sketches. Here's what I came up with.


I had stamped this image from the new Delightful & Delicious set from Verve last week and had been hanging onto it for just the right card. I thought this was perfect! I actually performed a little bit of "surgery" on this stamp when it arrived...I cut the outside frame apart from the inside image and sentiment so I'd be able to ink them up separately and in different colors more easily. So I stamped the frame in Versamagic Jumbo Java ink and then the sentiment in PTI Ocean Tides ink and stamped it on Vintage Cream cardstock. Then I inked up the mug in Raspberry Fizz ink and stamped it twice - once on the main image and once on a scrap so I could cut it out and pop it up on dimensionals. After I sponged the edges with Close to Cocoa ink, I cut a frame for the image from Prism Iced Pink cardstock, sponged with Rose Red and Close to Cocoa, and matted with Dark Chocolate cardstock. I also added a little bit of faux stitching on the pink panel.

For the base layer, I matted a panel of Kraft cardstock with Dark Chocolate, adding more faux stitching for texture. Then I cut two pieces of my Basic Grey Lemonade paper and matted them with Vintage Cream, punching along the bottom edge with a Martha Stewart punch. I opted for this delicate trim across the middle instead of a wider ribbon, and popped the main image up on dimensionals over it. The final touch was a soft blue Prima flower with a button center.

I hope you liked my card today...make sure you check back later today for my Serendipity Challenge card. Also, don't forget to check out Mercy's Blog, as well as the rest of the Muses for more inspiration using this sketch:

Pam Speidel
Cindy Haffner
Pam Varnell
Julie Lacey
Crystal Birr
Jackie Pedro
Jessica Diedrich

If you decide to play along, don't forget to use the keyword MTSC33 when uploading to a public gallery so we can all see your fabulous creations!

See ya in a bit!

22 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Great card, Shannan! I LOVE the DP!

DeeDee said...

Love the stamp - such a sweet card.

Pinky said...

Hi Itchy - sorry to hear that you still are feeling ucky. Do you have mosquitos in Texas? They are thick here and I have a ton of bites. Large itchy welts, so I can relate. Hope that you feel better soon darlin'.
Your creation is truly beautiful - so soft and pretty.

Jessica Diedrich said...

Foolish games is the PERFECT song for me tonight, LOL...some unwanted family "drama" heh heh. But let's get to this BEAUTIFUL card! WOW! The paper is lovely and the soft color combo is just dreamy! I can't WAIT for my set to come in the mail! You rocked this sketch outta town!@!!

Joan B said...

beautiful details. love that fabric embellishment.

Tina said...

This is beautiful Shannan, unmistakeable / it's you!

Julie said...

Beautiful, Shannan! I LOVE the lace trim! Such a gorgeous card!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful job, love that paper!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh Shannan!! I LOVE this card!! I'm especially in love with the colors you chose for this image. I have such a hard time stepping away from earth tones, especially with coffee images, so when I saw your card, it was like a breath of fresh air. CHARMING!!

Randee E said...

This is gorgeous! I think you've just convinced me to buy this set :o) Love the colors and the details. Reminds me of the border you use to separate posts on your blog!!

TannyP said...

Just beautiful! Your colors and details are perfect!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

G G G Gorgeous! I'm stuttering this is so amazing! Love the colours and details and that fabulous trim. Oh I am sorely missing these new Verve. 'specially when you show them off like this!!

Lynn Put said...

This is so lovely! The colors and lace trim with these papers are all very pretty!

Pam Speidel said...

Look at you go girl! Yes, you are a *STAR* in my eyes! Such a yummy card for this sketch. Your embellishments are perfect!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh this is drop dead gorgeous girl!! Love the dp and the ribbon is oh so lovely!!

Unknown said...

This came out so feminine and lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Michele Boyer said...

This is gorgeous, Shannan! I love that paper combo, trim and the little popped up cup!

Unknown said...

shannan...this is such an amazing sample! i couldn't have chosen a better guest designer for this month! so glad to have you, sweetie! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Grogeous card - Shannon!!! I love the colors and the cute new VV Set you used!!! Hugs ~S~

Bethany Paull said...

Oh Shannan! This is amazing! I love the slightly vintage look and gorgeous colors and trims.

Pam Varnell said...

Oh Shannon, this is phenomenal. I can't even describe to you how much I like this card. It is so classy looking. Love that DP and that delicate "ribbon-like" thingy is so soft and feminine. Love the soft sponging and the faux stitching. Told ya I loved this card. LOL. Oh yeah, and I love the color combo. It's one of my favorites of yours. You totally rocked this sketch!!

Hugs!!

Libby Hickson said...

This card is sooo yummy! Love it!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!