Thursday, August 13, 2009

And you wish for a dream...give it time you will see...

Happy Thursday, everyone! What are y'all up to? I'm just working like a busy little bee, but wanted to take a second and post my card for this week's Sketch Challenge over on Splitcoast. It was an easy one, with a long rectangle panel, so I decided to color up one of my favorite Bellas...Cakeabella. Isn't she scrummy? (Emily's new word)

Once I stamped her in Memento Black on Bella's Bestest Paper, I chose orange and turquoise for my main colors and colored her with Copic Markers. Then I cut and embossed her with my Mega Rectangle Nestabilities, and decided to try Paula's trick of sponging the edges with Versamagic Wheat ink using a sponge dauber. The ink is so rich, and it gives the image a nice, warm glow, don't you think? I added a Chocolate Chip scalloped mat and some Diamond Stickles to the cake, then set her aside to dry.

Next I took a solid orange sheet from my Basic Grey Marrakech 6x6 pad and matted it with Chocolate Chip for my base layer. I stitched around the edges and then adhered it to my Barely Banana card base. (The stitching was supposed to be straight, but I took Joanne's advice and used the surprise method...aka didn't check my machine and got a surprise when I started stitching! I decided I liked it after all...*wink*) Anywho, then I chose a pattern from the Marrakech collection, as well as a strip of Paisley embossed Tempting Turquoise, for my other panels, matted them with white, and stitched them (straight this time!) to the card base. I didn't really want to add a sentiment panel or strip, so I pulled out my Chocolate Chip marker and hand wrote "Make a Wish" on the main image panel. I kinda like it! To finish off the card, I added three small Light Cocoa Glitter Dots to the top right corner. Whatchathink?

I don't know if you've seen this week's Bellariffic Friday Sketch yet, but it's by none other than Li'l ol' ME! You still have time to play...just make a card and send it to Emily by Thursday night (midnight), and you could win some Bella Bucks! Here's the sketch in case you missed it.
And...if you do play...link me up so I can see and comment on your creations, k? I can't wait!

Ok, so I gotta run...hope you have a wonderful day!

10 comments:

Karen Motz said...

This is so pretty...bright and fun!!!

Yvonne Hagane said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS, Shannan! Your cards are always so professional looking and well put together.
Hugs, Y.

Unknown said...

So beautiful, Shannan! Absolutely love the bright, fun colors and the sponging really makes your image pop!

Tab said...

Beautiful card, just adore the sweet image and the colours are delish! Fab colouring too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Karen said...

Your coloring always amazes me! (sorry if I've said it before, but your shading always has me leaning in closer to my screen to see even more!) I have never played along with bella sketches. I just played with an older bella and thought to pop by Em's blog and found out about them....I'll have to remember to check back in tomorrow to see what's up! :>

Bethany Paull said...

Oh, gaaaaargeous. Your zig zag stitches are so perfect.

Peyton said...

I love this! I REALLY love that paper. What is it?

paula said...

Yeah, stick with some of my ideas...the wheat ink was a happy accident really. I LOVE it and your Bella is GORJUSS!! sistah. mwah, just too juicy for words....

mark said...

great looking card - but good grief, do you know anyone who deserves to receive something so time-consuming and extravagant?! maybe you have better friends than i have! ha!

Meahni said...

VERY scrummy Shannan! I just love the colours. Is that cake bakes with sprite?? LOL!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!