Thursday, November 20, 2008

Cause you're hot, then you're cold, you're yes, then you're no...

Hey you guys. I am soooo sorry I haven't posted in so long. My week has been killer. I had a huge bid due for work, so the first 3 days of the week were spent poring over paperwork. Unfortunately, I caught a cold from my boss that took me down today. The doc says it's bronchitis...yuck. *frowny face* I am currently alternating between freezing cold and burning up. Just plain icky.

I do have a card to show you...I think I made it Tuesday night for the color challenge on Splitcoast.
I inked up the bird from Winter Birds Set in Brilliance Graphite Black and stamped it onto Kraft paper. I thought the sentiment from Verve's new Snowflake Splendor set was a perfect match! I cut out the image with my new Labels One Nesabilities die. To accent the image a bit, I colored some of the snowflakes with my White gel pen (the Ranger one is awesome!) and a red Copic marker. I added a little Diamond Dust (thanks a LOT, Anna, AKA the bad bad enabler) and some black brads. Then I ran the edges across my White Craft  inkpad.

The card base measures 4 1/4" square, and I layered the red snowflake embossed panel (sponged with Distress ink) onto black cardstock and stitched around the edge with my sewing machine. Then I popped the main image panel up with pop dots. Super easy!

I hope you like it...and hopefully it'll tide you over until my Sketch for You to Try post on Saturday...I have a feeling I won't do any more stamping than that. Have a happy Thursday!

15 comments:

Pinky said...

Hi Shannan - your card is lovely. Your detail is amazing! It started to snow this week in Ottawa, Canada so we have a light dusting of white on our lawn.
I hope that you are feeling better soon!
Cheers,
Pinky

Rachel Hope said...

Gorgeous! Love how you did the highlight on the W

Amy said...

That's awfully pretty for a sick girl to make! :-) Take care of yourself!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Mmmmmwhahahahahaaaaa!!!!! =)
And your card is beautiful, as usual! =)

Maria Gurnsey said...

Dang girl this is awesome!!! I love it!! So sorry to hear you are sick, hope you're better soon. You title is totally cracking me up now that i know it from your fever :)

Libby Hickson said...

Sorry about the bronchitis, hope you're feeling better soon! LOVE this card, so pretty!

Stamp Talk with Tosh said...

This is gorgeous Shannan!! Love that bird on the Labels I diecut...and your sewing is so fun!!!

dini said...

hey girl - love how you made this image look so dimensional...sometimes they look so flat. yes, you rock. get better!

Christi said...

I am so sorry to hear that your sick girlie. Here's some {{{GET WELL WISHESS}}} for you. This card is stunning!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Gorgeous card girl...I hope you are feeling better!!

shel9999 said...

UGH! Bronchitis is AWFUL! I sure hope you feel better soon! Gorgeous card!! I LOVE the stitching and sparkles! Get better!

happiness blooms said...

Shannan, your creations are always so fabulous, but this is just stunning! (and I TOTALLY understand the Anna comment!!! lol)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Woweee! Gorgeous, girl! And I'm closing my eyes and pretending not to see that Diamond Dust link. ;)

Colleen said...

Love this stamp... just got the set! Your stitching is so cool.

hope you feel better soon! hugs

Lynn said...

This card is beautiful! I love the diamond dust and pretty details around the bird and the sewing is the perfect touch!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!