Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I wonder if I'd get lonesome for the valley, though....

...for the sound of crickets, and the smell of pine straw....for soft little rabbits and bloomin things...Ok, sorry, been listening to Renee Fleming and got a little carried away. That happens often with me, I'm afraid. *wink*


So..............ya wanna see something else from MFT? You better cause here it is!! This is my FAVORITE set this release, and it's called Eggstra-Special Easter. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I mention I love it?

This is definitely my favorite image from the set, just because it's so much fun to color, and because those chicks look like they're having so much fun. Don'tcha think?

I stamped the image in Versafine Onyx Black, which is my "Go-To" watercolor ink. Then I colored the image with reinkers & my Niji waterbrush. The color on the purple stripes was created from a combo of Pomegranate & Caribbean. So fun!! Then I added Diamond Stickles to the Purple & Pomegranate parts of the image.

The rest of the card is pretty simple. I used my Creative Memories circle cutter to cut out the pretty white eyelet paper (from The Paper Company), and then a layer of black underneath. I also added some Swarovski crystals and a few "faux eyelets" courteousy of Jen.

If you want more info or more samples, don't forget about the My Favorite Things (www.mftstamps.com) New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, February 6 from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time. There is sooo much fun planned, I can't even describe it. There will also be an opportunity for YOU to be the next MFT Guest Designer. Head over to the MFT forum at www.splitcoaststampers.com to find out all the details!

Have a great day!

Stamps: Eggstra-Special Easter (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Papertrey White, Basic Black, Cool Caribbean, Paper Company White Eyelet Paper, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Waterbrush (Niji), Classic Ink Refills (SU), Swarovski Crystals, Paper Piercer, White Glaze Pen, Diamond Stickles, White Taffeta Ribbon, Dimensionals

9 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Adorable! That little chickie makes me giggle!

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love that cute image.

Becky G said...

Great card, Shannan! I love that cute image!!!

Kendra Hernandez said...

caaauuuutteeee! I love this card! Yep, that is one of my favorite images too! Shan, I need to plan a getaway down there to spend some time with you girlies! :)

Christi Flores said...

Hahaha! I LOVE this image! Too cute! Can't wait to see what the rest of the set is. Adorable!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I love those little chicks too!! Can't wait to treat myself to the new releases!!

Bethany Paull said...

LOVE that funky egg. I've never seen that eyelet paper. I thought you punched it yourself at first. I'll have to be on the look out for it. So pretty.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I missed you last night! Hope all is well! Love this card...

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Adorable Shannan! Such fun, happy colors!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!