Sunday, August 19, 2007

Tomorrow's the day!!

The new Verve Visual set, Fancy Florals, will be shipping to those who preordered it, and will be available to order. If you haven't preordered, there's still time to get the special pricing...so hurry!


A few months ago I went through a phase of collecting items to alter. Most of them never got altered...so I decided to pull out one that was much neglected, this DVD tin I bought at Stamp Salado a good year ago. I covered the front with my Cosmo Cricket Gretel Paper, and then sanded and sponged the edges. Then I took another piece of Gretel in a different pattern, layered it onto Blush Blossom Cardstock, and stitched around the edges with my sewing machine. Using my Tonic Distressor, I roughed up the edges of the Blush CS, then sponged all the edges with Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip ink. You can't really see it very well, but I stamped "Cherish" from my Baroque Motifs set in Chocolate Chip Craft Ink & embossed it with Antique Gold embossing Powder. I wish it was more prominent...oh well.


The flower was made with a technique that's new to me called Paper Tole. It was pretty fun, and I think it turned out ok. The flowers from Fancy Florals were stamped in Palette Hybrid Burnt Umber on Pearlized Cream cardstock, and then I colored them with Prismacolors & Odorless Mineral Spirits. For the flower center, I used some cool Nostalgiques Paper Clips, but I cut off the clip with my Craft & Rubber Scissors from SU, and glued it down with Diamond Glaze. Pretty nifty, huh?




I thought the May Arts ribbon added a little something to the front, and so I wrapped it around and tied a bow on the inside. I make kind of a little pocket inside the lid of the tin using a solid side of the Gretel Paper and then a patterned piece. I used Tacky Tape on the sides & bottom of the patterned piece to create the pocket, and stuck the ribbon in place with Glue dots.


Well I better run...for some strange reason, my family expects food. Why can't we have Pop Tarts for dinner? ;)

Stamps: Fancy Florals (Verve Visual), Linen BG, Baroque Motifs
Paper: Gretel by Cosmo Cricket, Blush Blossom, Pearlized Cream
Ink: Palette Hybrid Burnt Umber, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip Craft
Accessories: May Arts Ribbon, Tonic Distressor, Sewing Machine & Thread, Nostalgiques Paper Clip, Antique Gold EP, Diamond Glaze

13 comments:

Christi Flores said...

How cute! I hope my box or bucket turn out this cute. Still brainstorming about what I am going to do. :)

Alhambra Club said...

This is fantastic, love it and the flower is great, will have to try that technique.

Amy said...

stunning, Shannan! Truly beautiful!

Libby Hickson said...

Your tin is gorgeous! And I see nothing wrong with pop tarts for dinner... ;-)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just GORGEOUS, Shannan! Absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Shannan, that paper flower is amazing! I don't think I would be very successful cutting something that intricate. So the tin closes okay with the ribbon going all around to the inside?

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty! Love it! LOVE that paper! :)

Holly Jordan said...

Very elegant Shannan! These colors are fabulous. I also see nothing wrong with pop tarts for dinner! lol :)

Colleen Schaan said...

This is absolutely stunning, amazing, brilliant. I love it! And who said pop tarts are NOT for dinner...we have 'em???

Bethany Paull said...

Gorgeous! I love your flower. And the inside is just as gorgeous as the outside.

Dana said...

Shannan, my jaw dropped open when I saw this. AMAZING. Gorgeous, stunning, fan-tas-tic! I'm in awe.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just fabulous! Your paper tole turned out beautifully and I love the pocket on the tin. There's a reason I call you a ROCKSTAR!

Unknown said...

this is so pretty! love this new set...gotta get it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!