I am so stinkin proud of myself I could just PIMP. Seriously. Let's rewind.
About 4 years ago, my darling husband went and bought me a second hand sewing machine. I am a firm believer that they don't make household machinery like they used to (ie. dryers, washers, mixers, sewing machines, etc.)...they are meant to break after 3-4 years so you'll buy a new one. This is an old Brother machine from the 70's, and it even had the manual, thank the LORD. AND it was $40. You just can't beat that.
When he bought it, I tried sewing for about 2 minutes and gave up. Haven't touched it since. But today I had another moment of brilliance. My girlfriend had asked me to make an altered paint can for her sister's baby shower gift, and I decided to sew on it!!
Notice the time of my post. It is currently 1:48 am. But that's not totally my fault, I've had a kiddo with a tummy ache...but I digress. I dug everything out of the closet so I could get to my sad lonely machine. I got it out, found the manual and all the paraphernalia, and actually threaded it on the first try! My granny would be so proud...it's kinda like riding a bike!
It really didn't take long before I was sewing the pink & green DP onto the white piece. I was instructed to not be too girly, no bows or sparkle (boo...) so I just matched the colors of her fabric. I cut out the baby's name (BRIA...what an awesome name!) using my Red Tag Alpha & Cuttlebug, painted the letters pink, & mounted them on white Giga Scalloped Rectangles. I used my Cropadile to put in some eyelets, and threaded my white grosgrain through and tied it around the can. Pretty simple!
But then, of course, I gotta make a matching card! I really just wanted to sew some more. So I cut 2 more pieces of DP (I'll list my recipe in the morning too tired now) into 4" x 4" squares and staggered them on a 5 1/8" square piece of Papertrey White Cardstock. Stitched around the edges, and tied a ribbon around. The sentiment is from the Mike's $1 bin, and I stamped it first in Regal Rose and then again in Palette Hybrid Noir, using my Stampamajig to make kind of a drop shadow with the pink. I punched it out with my 2" Marvy circle punch, and glued it onto this ginormous clear button from Bazzil. Stuck the button onto the card and I was all done!
Time for bed now...g'nite!