Monday, August 27, 2012

Just shoot for the stars, if it feels right, then aim for my heart...

Happy Monday, y'all! It's my day to post on The Twinery Blog today, and I thought I'd share with you here as well! Today is our first day of school down here in Texas, and I wanted to make a card for Colton (who no longer wants to be known as Cole), my big 4th grader, to find in his binder tomorrow.
I thought some Charcoal Twine would be pretty adorable as shoelaces, so I cut some gray panels trimmed in black and punched holes for the laces. A half circle works as the toe, and I added some stars on the sides and a cute little sentiment from the Shoot for the Stars set from Simon Says Stamp.  
And a look at the inside:
The stars were stamped in Neon Orange ink from Hero Arts, and the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black over the top. I hope this made his day!!

NOW. I need you to settle an argument around here. The boys thought this looked nothing like a shoe, and said it looks like R2D2 upside down, wearing a vest. I need your thoughts! I told them I would take a poll and see what y'all said. *grin*
 
Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope you have a fabulous Monday!

4 comments:

Dana White said...

R2D2!! great use of the twine Shannan - nice to see you back ;)

irishgalkelly said...

It's a shoe, especially with the "Converse" stars on the side. Love the twine used this way. You are very creative!!

Larisa said...

wow! Your cards are ansolutely adoranle!!!!!!!! Great job!!!

Jennifer said...

Really nice card. Especially for a young man. Is he still wanting to be called Colton?

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!