Friday, November 11, 2011

Star of Wonder, Star of light...star with royal beauty bright...

Hey y'all, Happy Friday! I am so thankful that it's Friday...and that Fall has finally come to Texas. It's nice not to sweat in November. Now that the weather is cooler, we can finally think about Christmas. I'm super excited to decorate this year, and I have lots of ideas for ornaments and decor thanks to Pinterest! Love that site. Anyway, I made a little ornament the other day...literally this took me 10 minutes, y'all.


Rustic Tiles is the November set of the month at Skipping Stones Design...and let me tell you. It was one of my very first SSD sets, and still one of my favorites. the images are so gorgeous that they easily carry a design without needing a lot of extra fuss. I love that!!

This started as a raw wood star, measuring about 3.5" across. I removed the wire and painted the entire thing with gesso, then I stamped the image twice in Versamark and embossed them with black detail embossing powder. Then I brushed water over the entire star and added a Purely Pomegranate and Old Olive wash. Here's a closeup:


While the ornament was still wet with water, I sprinkled some Glamour Dust glitter all over the surface. When it dried, I sprayed with hair spray to set it, then wrapped matching ribbon from Creative Impressions around the edges. So easy, but so gorgeous!

Thanks for visiting me today...I will be back shortly with my (late) Bellariffic Friday project. Have a fabulous day!





1 comments:

Jingle said...

This is SO pretty, Shannan!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!