Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Christmas, Christmas time is near...time for toys, and time for cheer...

Happy Tuesday, y'all! It's time for another Skipping Stones Design Sketch Challenge...#97 to be exact. And it's double fun today, we're celebrating the release of Christmas Song! If you just came from Katie's blog, you're in the right place.  You can start at the beginning of the hop at Skipping Stones Design, and see the whole list there as well. I created a little card today with Cristina's fabulous sketch...see what you think.


I sure had fun with this one. I wanted to use an ornament and this sentiment from Christmas Song, so I stamped the sentiment in Black Stazon on hot press watercolor paper, then embossed the ornament on top with clear embossing powder. Then I added a wash of Soft Sky and Tempting Turquoise, and some Real Red for the ornament. A closeup:


I stamped the music score from Timeless Textures in Versamark on Kraft, then added some lace and a Zva Creative pearl flourish for that little something *extra.* I hope you like it!

Now it's time to go visit all the rest of the girls and see what fabulous stuff they have for you! This month we are welcoming Andrea Ewen, Tammy Tutterow and Karen Christensen to our team as Guest Designers.  Cristina Kowalczyk will be providing all the fabulous sketch inspiration this month including the sketch we're using in today's hop!

Head over to Andrea's blog for some more Skipping Stones Design inspiration!  If you get lost along the way, here's your master list:


Have a fabulous day!

16 comments:

Jingle said...

Shannon, this is stunning! Absolutely GORGEOUS card!!! I love it!!!

Andrea Ewen said...

This is beautiful, Shannan...I love how the base of your card is mostly neutral so those pops of red and blue just totally catch your eye! Lovely! (And who doesn't love bling?!)

Wendy said...

This is beautiful Shannon! Love your pearly bling!!

Taylor said...

Seriously?!?! I am in LOVE with the way you did your image/sentiment panel. For real. WOW!!! I am adding this to my list of stuff to CASE, lol!!!!

Brandi said...

Like it? Love it! This is so fabulously gorgeous!

Miriam Prantner said...

Lovely, what great technique with all the layers of stamping on the round element. Thanks!

Rochelle Sodipo said...

Very pretty!

Chunyuan said...

beautiful xmas card.

Fifty-two pairs in 2012 said...

Cute card, I love the pearls!
Rosie

Karen C said...

Wow! How beautiful! Love it!

Karen B. said...

Now that is one amazing card. It is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The detail on the ornament and the watercolor is stunning, love it!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Amazing! I love the layers and all of the elements! :)

Stephanie said...

This is so beautiful, Shannan!!! I love aqua and red together and you pulled it off beautifully!

wendyp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wendyp said...

That clear embossed ornament is absolutely gorgeous!!! Beautiful card, Shannan!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!