Wednesday, September 9, 2009

There will be no white flag above my door...I'm in love, and always will be...

Happy Wednesday, y'all! I hope your week is going great so far! I have tried writing this post 4 times...hopefully this time is a charm! I've just been busy! For my American sistahs...don't you love the 4 day week? I'm lovin' it! The boys are doing great in school, and baseball practices starts next week...should be fun and entertaining! *grin*

Last night I cleaned my stamp room a bit...my mojo was hiding in the piles of SCHTUFF in there, and I hadn't felt like stamping because of it. After I threw away a bunch of JUNK that had accumulated, I had a few minutes to stamp (whoohoo!!). So I pulled out a few Verve sets and whipped up this card for this week's Color Challenge on Splitocast, which was to use Basic Black, Old Olive, and Elegant Eggplant. Once of my less frequently used, but most loved combo.


I think it turned out quite yummy, don't you? I stamped one of the background stamps from Bountiful Backgrounds in Old Olive on my Vintage Cream card base, then sponged the edges with Old Olive as well. I intended to use Fall to Layout #58, and you can see the resemblance, but I just couldn't find three elements to use that were different sizes. And somehow discovered that my Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch is missing...so upset!! Hopefully it will turn up.

So my main image panel is Vintage cream, and after stamping the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black, I inked up my favorite flowers from Because of You with SU Markers and stamped them on the left side twice. I distressed the edges before matting it with the black panel and added three Pewter Kaiser Craft Pearls to the top right. Finally, I cut a strip of Elegant Eggplant, and punched the edge with the EK Success Embossed Curve punch and adhered it under the main image. A quick and easy 20 minute card! (that includes searching for three elements in different sizes and my MS butterfly punch. *frown*)

Well, peeps, I gotta run...hope you have a fabulous 09/09/09! Do something fun today, k?

8 comments:

Lori Craig said...

I saw this when I was cruising the coast... It is purdy. :)

Ida said...

So pretty. Love the colors and how the flowers were stamped off to leave the shadow like effect.

Jackie Pedro said...

Lori is right....so purdy, Shannan!!

anya said...

Very pretty Shannan!

Christi Flores said...

Gorgeous Shan!!

Carol (HB) said...

WOW! When you find your mojo you REALLY find it! Gorgeous creations Shannan!

Mary J said...

For some reason I can't see the picture! But I am sure it's as lovely as all your other creations!

Whimsey said...

Gosh, I SOOOOOOO love this card; the colors are scrumptious and your interpretation is delightful!

I passed up that MS punch along the bottom last weekend - you're making me regret that decision. :D

Thanks for the inspiration!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!