Saturday, December 20, 2008

When Mary holds your hand, you feel so grand...your heart starts beatin' like a big brass band...

Happy Saturday, folks! Thanks so much for sticking with me, even though I've been bizzy and haven't been posting much. I did manage to get some fabulous teacher gifts finished (no pics, it was too late!) and now I'm on to some other gifty things. Hopefully I will get them finished in time to photograph them and show them off.

I have to say that this sketch had me stumped for a few minutes! Those circles threw me for a loop. I knew I wanted to use my Deck the Hall set from The Cats Pajamas, so I worked around the large tree image. Here's my card:
This card is also for the TCP Tuesday challenge, which is to use any of the tree images. I stamped the tree image in Brilliance Graphite Black twice on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock, then colored one image with Copics. I cut out the tree, then popped it up on top of the non-colored image, adding some Liquid Applique snow. I also added the sentiment to the top right...it seemed to fit perfectly!

To create the background, I stamped the three snowflakes from the same set in Versamark ink on So Saffron cardstock, then embossed the images with clear detail embossing powder. Then I sponged the edges with Saffron, Marigold Morning, and Pumpkin Pie ink. To finish off the card, I added some layers and ribbon, as well as Primas and a button for my circles. I am happy with how this turned out!

Make sure you check out the sketch and samples from Jen and Lynn on Jen's Blog, as well as more eye candy from my peeps Amy R, Amy S, Susan, and Carole. And if you decide to play with us this week, don't forget to use the keyword SFYTT so we can check out your fab creations. Have a wonderful weekend!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the yellow on this card. It makes everything else just pop!!!

Katie Skiff said...

That is really pretty!! So bright and cheery!
I am thinking maybe you watched Mary Poppins this week! Tee Hee Hee!

Lynn Put said...

Shannan,
Your card is adorable! Love the cat peeking out from behind the popped up tree and your colors are fantastic!

Sharon in NE said...

Shannan! Love that Sprinkle!

Karrie Baker said...

YEAH!!! Your card is way too cute! You used one of my favorite stamps! Thanks so much for playing along this week!!! :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is darling Shannan! Love the snow and the primas! Merry Stamping! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Gorgeous card Shannan...love the title...I will be singing it all day(thanks)!!

Amy Sheffer said...

So cute, Shannan!! I'm really lovin' that yellow background!

Melissa Bove said...

Hi Shannan!! Love this card! Love how you did the snow on the tree!! Can't wait to work with you at Jacksonbelle!! Hugs, Melissa

Christi Flores said...

Love this card Shan!!!

Vicki G said...

Sweet Card Shannan!! Love the Snow on your tree!

Vicki

Anonymous said...

So bright and fun! Love your choice of stamps, too! Hugs-Jd

Beth Thomas said...

I love the cheerful colors on this wonderful card and Sprinkles peaking out behind that awesome tree is too clever!!! I'm so excited about the chance to get to know you on the J'belle DT! Looking forward to a fun term!

Anonymous said...

Love your colors Shannan!! The sneaky cat in the back is also too funny!!

Anonymous said...

So cute, Shannon! I love that cat peeking around the tree!

Anonymous said...

Such a happy looking card! Love this. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable creation!! Love it with the buttons on the flowers!! :) TFS!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!