Monday, October 27, 2008

The hopes and fears of all the years are met in thee tonight...

Good morning, blog friends! I hope you had a fabulous weekend...I sure did! The weather here is finally getting cooler, and I start getting ready for the upcoming holidays. Last week, Elizabeth challenged the Elzybells design team to create a special box, wrapper, or container for gift giving. I had this wooden box from Hobby Lobby in my huge stash of alterables, and I thought it was perfect!

 
First, I painted the box an off-white color. Then I covered the sides with Cosmo Cricket Oh Joy paper. YUM!  I stamped the Bethlehem image on Cream shimmer paper in Memento Rich Cocoa ink, then colored it with Copic markers.Here is a closer look at the image:
After I colored the image, I trimmed it down and added a scalloped mat. I set 2 Jumbo eyelets, one on each side to thread my ribbon through, then popped up the image. The ribbon really does coordinate with the dark pattern on the paper in real life, I promise!

To finish off the box, I cut the word "noel" out of chipboard using my Cuttlebug Red Tag alphabet. I used Jen's idea from this stinkin cute project and painted the letters with acrylic paint, then dipped them in glitter before it dried. Like the ribbon, the letters coordinate too, even though my photo doesn't really make it look that way. *sigh* Then I wrapped chocolate ribbon around the handle of the box.

I think this will be a really cute box to hold a little gift for a friend, or also to hold holiday cards as we start receiving them. You can see all the fabulous projects the design team created HERE.

 Have a fabulous Monday!

8 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, that's gorgeous! Love the Bethlehem image!

Rachel Hope said...

Beautiful!

Juliana said...

This is adorable!!
What a great thing to have on hand!! (for Christmas cards OR a last minute gift!)

Beautifully done--and I am inspired!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

VEry pretty Shannon!

Anonymous said...

So cute!! I love the shimmer!

Bethany Paull said...

Holy coloring batman! I thought no way did you color that. It had to be a pre printed image. Nope, you just ROCK!

Mrs Mayne said...

This is lovely! A great idea! x

Stamp and Smile said...

Super fun! Love the details and it's just fabulous! Smiles... :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!