Sunday, February 3, 2008

Fly away, sweet bird of prey, fly, fly away...

YAY! I got the sketch done!! I am sooo sorry I flaked on yall today, but I'm back in the swing of things, I promise. I better be, cause I have a super busy week coming!

So, when I saw this sketch, I knew I wanted to use this image from Birds Galore. It's an Inkadinado clear set that Amy went on a mission for since I couldn't find it. Thanks, girl!!!

I had this image stamped and already colored, so this card didn't take me any time to make. I wanted the bird and flowers to take center stage, so the rest of the card is VERY simple. I hope it's not too boring for ya...but I like it!

Ok, it's super late so my post is going to be short tonight, but I will be back tomorrow with something else fun!

I also want to mention something to you that Julee shared with us...ALL Verve stamp sets are 15% off this month!!! Yes, you heard right!! AND...........Julee has decided to offer FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $40. WAHOO!! Yall know how I hate paying shipping, so I am thrilled that she's done this!! Anywho, just wanted to enable! Oops, I mean SHARE. *wink*


Stamps: Birds Galore (Inkadinkado), Essential Sentiments (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Kraft, Basic Black, Papertrey White
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Corner Rounder, White Taffeta Ribbon, Sewing Machine & Thread

14 comments:

Kathy said...

I love this stamp! What a great image. Thanks for the enabling. Dang, I gotta lift my spending freeze to take advantage of the Verve sale :-)

Melissas said...

Lovely card - love the bird stamp! And I have to say OH NO, just when I said I wasn't going to shop so much this month...A Verve sale? Are you kidding? Good thing dh will be traveling and won't see the packages arrive...

Dana said...

Ooh, I like how simple this is Shannan. It's perfect! You did a fantastic coloring job too.

mjalbright said...

So so pretty. Love the coloring. Thanks for sharing.

Kacey Elliott said...

I think simple is better, and this is absolutely beautiful!

Carolyn King said...

so fantastic. love the coloring and the simple bg you used with it. just perfect!
(ya flake!)

Rae-Mark Cards & Crafts said...

awww, this is too cute. i never thought of sewing on paper before..

awesome

lalala
RaeAnne

Charmaine (CharmWarm on SCS) said...

Gorgeous, girl! LOVE it!

Scrapbook Mama said...

I LOVE that birdie its soo sweet and so is your card! :)

Thank you for your comments and I did the tag!

PLEASE rest so you can get fully better :)

-Ellie

Elizebeth said...

This bird is so cute! And I like that you kept the rest of it simple so the bird can take center stage!

Mercy said...

what a beauty!

you’ve been tagged, too! check it out here…
http://lordhavemercy-mercykerin.blogspot.com/2008/02/another-tag-game-card-by-gabe.html

Bethany Paull said...

Gorgeous! LOVE the coloring and faux stitching.

jen del muro said...

your coloring is DIVINE!!

Peyton said...

Wow...this is reallllllly beautiful.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!