Thursday, January 31, 2008

What time is it? Party Time!

I totally apologize for the High School Musical reference, I don't know what came over me.

I am so happy to share this with you!! This is a card I made this weekend before I got sick, and I love love love it!!

What's so special about it? Well, it's a sample for a sketch challenge! Do you love Verve Stamps? Wanna be our Honored Guest? Well, here's your chance!! You can read all about it on the Verve Blog HERE. <---CLICK

This was a really simple card to make. I started with a piece of Cool Caribbean cardstock and stamped stars of different sizes randomly all over it in Chocolate Chip Craft ink. That was layered onto my Chocolate Chip card base. Then I stamped the Happy Birthday (from Fancy Florals) onto White Cardstock, first in Cool Caribbean ink, then with Chocolate Chip Craft for a raised look. I matted that piece onto Chocolate Chip cardstock, then onto a larger piece of Caribbean, with piercing along the top & bottom. I made sure the Caribbean square and the white diamond were the same size (2.5" square I think), so neither one would overpower the other. I layered a Chocolate Chip panel across the Caribbean patterned piece, did some faux stitching freehand with my White Glaze Pen, and then layered on the white and Caribbean pieces. For the top left corner, I punched out 2 strips with my Word Window punch, faux stitched around them, and adhered them to my card. The final touch was 6 tiny Swarovski crystals for some bling.

Thanks for all your well wishes and get well vibes! I still have a nasty cough and very sore throat, but the fever is gone, so that's great!! I feel so much better without that. Hopefully I'm on my way back to the land of the living! *wink*

All of the design team members have rockin samples to show you today, so make sure you check them all out and leave them some love!

Amy
Bethany
Charmaine
Dana
Jen
Julee
Kim
Laurie
Lila

Stamps: Polka Stars, Fancy Florals Remixed, Seeing Stars(Verve Visual)

Paper: white cardstock (Georgia-Pacific), Chocolate Chip, Cool Caribbean (SU)

Ink: Chocolate Chip Craft, Cool Caribbean (SU)

Accessories: Swarovski Crystals, Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura), Word Window Punch (SU), Ticket Corner Punch (SU), Paper Piercer (Making Memories), Mat Pack (SU), Dimensionals (SU), Sakura White Glaze Pen

9 comments:

Becky G said...

Fantastic job on the card, Shannan! Love those stars!
So glad that you're feeling better!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I LOVE this too, Shannan! Just gorgeous! Hope you're feeling better! I'm trying to dodge the girls' colds. . .so far it's working. (knock on wood)

Amy said...

No wonder you love it, it fabulous! I love Cool Caribbean. So glad to hear your getting better. It's no fun to be sick!

Hugs,
Amy

Unknown said...

love this! how ya feeling? i understand how long it takes to recoup from the flu, but i hope you are back in full-swing soon!

Carolyn King said...

Awesome card shannan...you are making me NEED those stamps! lol! Love the colors on this card!

RaeAnne said...

this is B.E.A.UTIFUL

you are TALENTED girlyyy

love itttt

lalala
RaeAnne

Maren said...

Gorgeous colors!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on the Verve Challenge. I just bought all their new sets a couple of weeks ago and haven't even inked 'em yet! This should get me going! Thanks girl!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

Such a neat card - love the colors! I tagged you - stop by my blog if you'd like to play!
{{{HUGS}}}
~Angie

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!