Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Mi struggo e mi tormento! O Dio, vorrei morir!

From O mio babbino caro (Gianni Schicchi - an opera by Puccini). English Translation: I fret and suffer torments! Oh God, I would rather die.

Sorry, that's the only way to explain it. See, I've never had the flu before. My hubby came home with it on Sunday morning, oldest son woke up with it on Monday morning. Then I came home Monday, lay down for a bit, and woke up with fever. Nice.

So now I feel like I've been hit with a baseball bat.

Just wanted to check in with you...no stamping today since I spent most of the day in bed, but I *should* have something tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, Em from Stamping Bella is releasing a brand new line, and to celebrate, we're having a Pajama Party over in the Bella Forum! There will be challenges, prizes, and maybe even some specials to celebrate!! Trust me when I say, you don't wanna miss this!! You can join all the fun here.

Have a great Tuesday!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOH NO!!!! I am so sorry to hear that! I hope you get better soon!!! :( I've only had it once about a year ago and I thought I was dead too...NOT fun! Huge hugs!

Kacey Elliott said...

Hope you feel better very soon! I had it for Christmas - it was no fun, but I got the rest I needed :-)

Amy said...

I'm praying for your healing!

Hugs,
Amy

Libby Hickson said...

Oh yuck, nothing's worse than the flu! But it's the first time you've ever had it??? Wow you've been one lucky gal until now! Hope you're feeling better soon, hang in there!

Elizebeth said...

Oh the flu is rotten, I hope you feel better soon!

And I am in no way an opera buff, there are really only 2 that I know and this is one of them! I was singing along to it when I read it, fun times!

Carolyn King said...

yucky...feel better girl!
hugs!

Christi Flores said...

I am so sorry your sick! :( Get well soon!! I miss you!!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

So much for teachin' your kids to share, huh?!? Sorry you're feelin' cruddy!!! Hey look at it this way, you can hang out in your jammies from now until tomorrow night and then we'll all join you!!!! Hope you feel better soon!!!

Chris Simon said...

I'm so sorry that you're feeling yucky, but very very impressed that you can whine about it in Italian! You rock!

Becky G said...

So sorry your sick, Shannan! Having the flu is the worst. I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon, Shannan- i think maybe it was Emily's YoYoYellow color challenge that may have caused it... :D

Dana said...

Oh poor Shannan. I'm sending you healing vibes and wish I could send you my special recipe "sick tea" which always helps me and my family!

PS. your word verification wants me to type "mykeg" heee heee!

Anonymous said...

Ack! Shannan, so sorry you're sick, dear. Hope you're all better soon!

Unknown said...

i totally understand!!! this is what i told friends and family when they asked how i felt during the latest flu episode...."i feel like i've been eaten by a cow and crapped over a cliff!"

get to feelin' better, kiddo!

Anonymous said...

You poor thing...I know how you feel since I have it too (I think). Going to Dr. today. Just had to post this though:

http://craftherapy.blogspot.com/2007/04/im-so-crafty-i-make-people.html

Still not sure how to get one, but I want one!

Anonymous said...

Mi piace bellooooooooo bello!
Sorry...had to get you back! :)
MWWAAAHHH!!!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!