Sunday, January 13, 2008

Bag Lady, You gonna hurt your back...

How much do you love this stamp from My Favorite Things? I love these girls!! They are just too cute with all their bags and their dresses and their heels. Love it.

This is my sample card for this weeks MFT Sketch Challenge #13. Cindy really outdid herself with this one!

I dug through my already stamped images (does anyone else have a box full of those or am I a wierdo?) and found this one from forever ago. I watercolored them with my waterbrush & reinkers (Saffron, Real Red, Cool Caribbean, Tempting Turqouise, Soft Sky, Close to Cocoa). I cut the circle layers with my Creative Memories Cutting System, which I don't use very often but I'm glad I have!

My card base measures 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". The Barely Banana layer with the black photo corners is popped up just a little on foam mounting tape, and I stamped the flower swirly image from Behind the Scenes on the White panel. All 4 photo corners are punched with my EK Success Photo Corner punch, and I punched a hole in my circle panel to bring the ribbon through. I found this to be a fabulous trick when I wanted ribbon but didn't have enough room for a knot and an image panel. To finish it off I added some primas with a Bauble in the middle and some doodling with my White Glaze Pen.

Sooo....I've got some really awesome blog candy, so be on the lookout tomorrow! You're really gonna want to see it! Have a great day!


Stamps: Say Charge, Behind the Scenes
Paper: Cool Caribbean, Basic Black, Barely Banana, Papertrey White, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, So Saffron
Accessories: Waterbrush & Reinkers, Sakura White & Clear Glaze Pens, Photo Corner Punch, Primas, Bauble, Diamond Glaze, Pop Dots, Wide Grosgrain Ribbon, CM Cutting System

7 comments:

Christi Flores said...

Fantastic card (as always)!! I LOVE this set and have it on my never-ending wish list.

Becky G said...

Another fabulous card! Your post title made me laugh!

Unknown said...

cuteness...love the round focal panel!

Alhambra Club said...

Love the colors and that stamp.

Amy Sheffer said...

LOVE this! Epsecially the bright colors, the circles, and the doodling!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Holy fabulousness, Batman! This card is totally kicking it in style. Love the colors and design you used. Totally rockin'!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

LOVE those shoppers and love that Butterfly card with the Verve set! You are so creative! And my favorite thing about your posts are your song titles! You know that! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!