Sunday, October 7, 2007

Quick Baby Card

I'm supposed to be cleaning the kitchen. Instead...here I am...uploading a card. Evidence that I am not cleaning the kitchen. You won't tell.................right??????

So I have wanted the Bundle of Joy set forever. And my great friend AJ sent it to me this week!! I couldn't wait to mount it and ink it up. I also downloaded the Spiral Bouquet Boutique Digital Card Making Kit that Nichole Heady designed. I printed two of the papers out and used them on this card. Cute, huh?

I stamped the giraffe on Pearlized White cardstock from Paper Accents, using my Versafine Onyx black inkpad. I love this ink because it gives me a good solid black image, even more than my Palette Hybrid ink! Then I watercolored him with So Saffron, Close to Cocoa, River Rock, & Soft Sky classic inks. I'm still mastering my Niji waterbrush...I'd like some more shading, but have a hard time with the brush being too wet. Any tips?

The other 2 prints are from the Digi Kit...and then I stamped the sentiment (from the Small Sayings set-one of my all time favorites!) in Chocolate Chip ink.

I hope you like it and have a Happy Monday!

P.S. Don't forget to check out the Verve Visual Blog for more sneak peeks!!

Stamps: Bundle of Joy, Small Sayings
Paper: Barely Banana, Chocolate Chip, Pearlized White, Papertrey DP Download
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, So Saffron, Close to Cocoa, River Rock
Accessories: Bling, Chocolate Wide Grosgrain, Pop Dots, Aquapainter

10 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

What a wonderful card, those papers are great and love that wide ribbon.

Charmaine (CharmWarm on SCS) said...

LOVE this card. . .it's just darling! And who needs to clean the kitchen. . .it will still be there later! :)

AJ said...

cute!!! love it!! I knew you could do it justice!

Shadowcatcher said...

Adorable! I've always wanted this set, too.

Christi said...

Too cute! I want that set as well. I love that paper, too! Awesome job as always! :)

Alexandra said...

This card is a cutie - love it! And forget about the kitchen, it will still be there later - lol! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Christina Fischer said...

This is just too cute! Love the colors and the ribbon!

Carol said...

Such an adorable baby card! Love the layout and patterned papers.

Joan B said...

This is adorable. It all works together so well.

Bethany Paull said...

This is really cute! I love the brown and yellow theme to go with the giraffe.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!