Monday, October 8, 2007

I have a Confession...


Yep you read it right. I have a confession to make. Are you ready? Ya sure?

Ok. Whew. Here goes:

I'm addicted to wide grosgrain ribbon.

Ha...you thought it was going to be something serious, didn't you?? lol
Really I love this wide ribbon, and I especially like the way it looks when I (finally!) get it tied right...so cute!

Anyway, I used Jen's sketch from last Saturday, turned on its side. And without the little circle-ma-bob. Yikes! I just realized I forgot that.

This is a really simple card. I stamped the flourish from Baroque Motifs in Celery ink on Papertrey White cardstock, and then stamped the small flowers in Guava and Soft Sky ink randomly. In the center I stamped the greeting in Versafine Onyx Black, and then I rounded 2 opposite corners. The card base is Papertrey White, and I used my paper piercer and mat pack to pierce along the bottom edge. Added some layers, bling, and ribbon, and there you have it!

I am about to be seriously busy over the next couple weeks...but thank goodness I am taking Friday and Monday off from work and will be out of town for a little R&R with DH and the boys. Hope everyone is doing well...have a great day!!

Oh, and don't forget to visit the Verve Blog for another peek at Wednesday's release!! You won't want to miss it!

Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Paper: Papertrey White, Soft Sky, Basic Black, Certainly Celery
Ink: Certainly Celery, Soft Sky, Groovy Guava, Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Adhesive Bling, Celery Wide Grosgrain, Corner Rounder, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack

16 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love this card and that wide ribbon, it is so elegant.

AJ said...

fabulous! just fabulous!!
I knew you had an addiction before you outed yourself, it's on all of your cards. Your a sick, sick woman!! ;)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very pretty card. The design is awesome. Your ribbon addiction is obviously a wonderful one to have.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful gorgeous. The bling is positively spah-kly! :)

Kendra Hernandez said...

supah cute card miss shan! i love, love, love that new wide grosgrain too - I have to get some more!

Anonymous said...

You GOOF! I was expecting something really juicy! But I know what you mean...that ribbon is really scrumptious! I love your card. Take some time for you in the next few weeks and have fun with your R&R...

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

LOVE your card, Shannan. . .and you tie that ribbon PERFECTLY! Hope you enjoy your R&R!

kathleenh said...

Beautiful card Shannan! I love wide grosgrain ribbon too!

blah said...

Cute card and I admit that I love this wide ribbon as well. Loooooooove the colors you used on this one.

Unknown said...

great card, kiddo! enjoy the time away with the family...it goes by so quick!

Alex said...

You are too funny Shannan!! I love this card, it is beautiful and of course the ribbon is PERFECT!! You are in good company with your addiction, my girl!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

I have the same addiction. I can't seem to put mine down...glad to know I'm not the only one!! Love this card esp. the yummy ribbon ;)

Unknown said...

WHAT A GORGEOUS CARD!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, Shannan!!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

you're a nerd.

Jen said...

Love what you did with this sketch! And the wide grosgrain works perfect with it--I can see why you have an addiction.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!