Thursday, September 6, 2012

Let me take you down...'cause I'm going to strawberry fields...

Happy Thursday, y'all! I did some more stamping yesterday, and decided to play along with this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.
Fun sketch, right? Here's what I created:
I pulled out Say it Loud and heat embossed the sentiment in white. The strawberry is from Big Berries, and I inked that up using the Rock and Roll technique and then added the stem before cutting the whole thing out. Here's a closer look:
Using a tracing wheel, I added the faux stitching to the edges of the panels and sponged some Tea Dye ink as well. To finish it off, I sprinkled on a few Bon Bons from Stamping Bella...love those things!

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I hope you're having a fabulous week!

12 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

I love seeing the titles in your blog posts...always gets me singing and your card is gorgeous!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Yummy! Love the colors and totally needed a Beetles tune stuck in my head for the rest of the day! LOL Waving hi!!!

suezie said...

This card is fabulous! Love the simplicity, the colours, that scrummy strawberry - everything. Pinned it already and plan to case it at some point if that's ok. Great job! Hugs

Lynn Mercurio said...

Outstanding Shannan.Love the fresh and fun colors. Great idea to use your tracing wheel to "dimple" your layers. I wonder what I did with that tracing wheel of mine from 7th grade home economics?..lol

Thanks for playing along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge this week!

Tkat said...

pretty card! :)

Kelly S. said...

Deee-liciously good, Shannan! I need to get a tracing wheel because 1) I can't sew and 2) the look is SO FAB! The subtle colors in the background make that big berry just SHINE! So glad you could play along with the WMSC this week!

Deborah Frings said...

Simply fabulous! I love the simplicity of the design and gorgeous looking berry! Great card!

Renee said...

What a fabulous take on the sketch...
so much fun!
Isn't that berry delicious? :)
Love the colors and those Bon Bons...
I think I'm going to need some!!
So glad you could join us this week at WMSC! :)

Jeanne J. said...

Beautiful clean card. Your berry looks amazing and I love the colors you chose!

Kim Duran said...

Shannon, this card is so sweet! That shade of red ink is so pretty on the strawberry. Who makes that ink color? I must have it! And the embossing on your card...love it! So glad you joined us this week at Waltzingmouse! What a treat!

Marybeth said...

Love the card you made for last weeks sketch! Congrats !Perfect amount of bling as well.

Heidi Brawley said...

This card is Fabulous!!! love the colors you chose too!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!