Thursday, February 9, 2012

Don't think of yesterday, and I don't look at the clock...I like to boogie woogie...

Happy Thursday, y'all! I was so inspired by Emily's Art Journal Monday post this week that I spent some downtime playing yesterday...boy did I have fun and make a huge mess! I recently got my first Moleskin journal, and I chose one with watercolor paper because I love the texture.

I started by doodling with some graphite pencils, and I ended up with the music note and the word "music." Then I used a black Faber Castell pen with a brush tip to add some faux calligraphy to my sketching.


Next I started layering color using liquid watercolors. I added lime grean, turquoise, purple, and some tangerine in various places and strengths all over the page. Once that dried, I stamped the eclectic mesh image in black Stazon, and the bubble wrap image in Antique Linen distress ink onto various areas of the page. I also had this great diamond border stamp (can't find it on the Bella website at the moment) that I added along the line under 'music' in gray Memento ink. At that point the mesh looked a little stark, so I decided to add some sprays of Tattered Angels Chalkboard mist, also incorporating the Mini Chickenwire template from Crafter's Workshop.


That was definitely MUCH closer to the look that I was going for...this was a total experiment, by the way! I cut out a few words from some vintage dictionary pages to create my quote, highlighting it with Copic Opaque White. I liked the look of that so I added it in a few more places. I probably should have used Gesso, but oh well...that's why this was play! I wanted to add a few more details, so I spritzed parts of the page with water, and I also used some Studio Calico Mister Huey in white as well. I have some SEI Tumble Dye Spray on its way to me as we speak, and I can't wait to see what all the fuss is about!


The last few details I added were the canvas bits, glitter (of course), and some Rock Candy Distress Stickles. The Stickles were still wet when I took this photo, so they ended up a lot less shiny...much more in keeping with the rest of the page.

Ok, so....what do you think, y'all? I know it's nowhere NEAR my usual style, but it sure was fun to make a mess and just PLAY. Definitely inspiring to try different things and stretch my creative muscles a little. I'd love to hear what you think, and if you'd like to see more...I do have a whole empty journal, you know! Do you want to see painting? Sketching? Journaling? More cards? LOL

Anyway...that's it for me today...I hope you have a fabulous Thursday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!