Monday, December 5, 2011

It really doesn't matter...just keep your eyes above...'cause Christmas is a time to love...

Hey y'all! Happy Monday! If you're looking for my Amber Ink Blog Hop post, please click HERE. I have a little project for this week's Art Journal Monday for Stamping Bella. This week our theme was WORDS...so I had a little fun and stretched myself a little. Here's the tag I created:



First I spritzed the bottom right corner with Glimmer Mist. Then I stamped the Shady Leaf stamp in green acrylic paint upside down...it looked like Mistletoe to me! I attempted to emboss with the paint, but it didn't stay wet long enough in places, so I went back over the image with my VersaMarker (how did I live without this?) and embossed with clear embossing powder. THEN I took a brown marker and wrote whatever came to mind when I conjured up Christmas memories. Here's a closeup:



The sentiment at the bottom of a tag comes from a song that we have a home video of my little sister and I singing, oh so sweetly, in front of the Christmas tree...during which she decides her doll needs a good spanking with a wooden spoon. Awesome. That was written with VersaMarker as well, and embossed with black. The finishing touch was the berries, made from red paint, Glamour Dust, and Glossy Accents, and finally a big bow at the top.

Thanks for stopping by...you can check out the rest of the fabulous creations on Em's blog. Have a fabulous day!

1 comments:

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Wow, that song takes me back.... I think I might have had a solo in that one too! Maybe we were separated at birth... ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!