Tuesday, October 26, 2010

You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter...you are the best thing that's ever been mine...

If you are looking for my Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge post, CLICK HERE!

Hey, blog peeps, what's happening? Yes, I know...don't faint...but I this is my second post for today. It's my last week as a guest designer for Skipping Stones Design, and I have a sketch card for you!

This week's sketch is fabulous!



Fun, right? I was in a yellow mood, so I decided to go bright. Here's the card I created using Cancer Schmancer and Grunge:



This one was super easy to make! I inked up this adorable scalloped background stamp from Grunge in Daffodil Delight ink and stamped a quarter sheet of white cardstock with it. Then I used a square punch to cut out 9 squares. All the edges were inked first in Daffodil ink, then in Crumb Cake, then I adhered the squares to a white base measuring about 4 1/2" square. I stamped the butterfly from Cancer Schmancer in Melon Mambo ink onto white cardstock, and then added the sentiment in Memento Rich Cocoa to create the focal image panel. After I distressed the edges with my scissors, I matted it onto a square piece of Daffodil cardstock and tied a little bow around the bottom. To finish it off, I added Fruit Punch Stickles to the butterfly...she just needed some sparkle. *wink*

Well, that's it for today...don't forget to check out the Skipping Stones Design blog to see some more fabulous creations with this sketch and an opportunity to win some free stamps! Have a great day!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

CUTE card! Love the yellow and sparkly butterfly!! (=

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous girlfriend!!

Barb Turpin said...

Shannan, this is so bright and sunny! Love how you inked up the edges of the scallops...

Ann Kranitz said...

This is so soft and beautiful!!! I just love the yellow.

PawwPadd said...

Hi, this card is cute and yummy! It reminds me of triscit crackers and I love them! LOL!! The pop of pink in the butterfly only adds scrumptiousness to this already wonderful card! Thanks!
Bethann

Amber Alvarez said...

So purdy!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Love the color combo!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!