Hi y'all! Happy Wednesday! The previews have begun on the Verve Blog for this month's release, and I have to say that this set, Blue Skies, is my favorite of this release. It's a set full of encouraging quotes and sentiments, as well as some gorgeous flourishes and butterfly images. This particular quote was a request from yours truly, and I'm so excited that Julee decided to create it for me in stamp form! So of course, I had to use it for my preview. *wink*
Aren't those fonts fabulous? Love them! Here are the step by step instructions for this project:
1. Emboss 4" x 5 1/4" Kraft piece with Seeing Spots embossing folder.
2. Sponge edges with Tea Dye & Vintage Photo Distress Inks.
3. Mat with Dark Chocolate cardstock.
4. Layer pieces of patterned paper (Fly a Kite - October Afternoon) onto Kraft base, edges sponged with Distress Inks and bottom edge punched with EK Success Double Embossed Dotted Lace Punch.
5. Tie green silk ribbon in a bow around card. Fiddle with bow for 15 minutes, then give up.
6. Stamp sentiment in Versamagic Jumbo Java ink onto Vintage Cream cardstock.
7. Stamp flourish over sentiment in Antique Linen Distress Ink.
8. Cut and emboss sentiment with Circle Nestabilities.
9. Mat with more patterned paper cut with Big Scalloped Circle Nestabilities.
10. Sponge edges with Distress Inks & layer with foam dimensionals.
11. Adhere circle to card base with foam dimensionals.
12. Stamp small butterfly in Vintage Photo ink on Vintage Cream cardstock.
13. Color butterfly with Copic markers and cut out.
14. Stamp butterfly on Kraft panel in Vintage Photo ink (too lazy to cut out antennae).
15. Adhere center of butterfly to Kraft panel & lift up wings. Cover butterfly with Diamond Stickles.
16. Adhere entire front to A2 Vintage Cream card base.
17. Fluff bow and butterfly wings!
To celebrate this new release, there are some Release Week Challenges going on over at the Verve Forum! Not only are they a fun way to jump start your creativity, but if you complete all of them, you will be entered for a chance to win the ENTIRE VERVE JUNE RELEASE!So go check it out and get those stamps inky!
Speaking of the new release, we would love for you to join us for the Release Party over at the Verve Forum this Friday (June 25th) at 9 p.m. ET!! We will be there chatting it up, sharing projects made with the new stamps, announcing all the contest winners, and of course revealing the new sets!
Have a fabulous day!