Tuesday, March 23, 2010

To what, or to whom are you bound...are you willing to give it to God right now...give it up, let it go, throw it down...

Hi y'all! Yep, I'm back AGAIN! My poor stamps from Verve's last release hadn't seen ink yet, so I thought I'd whip something up quick for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge. I played with lots of color & texture on this one, and I'd consider it a "limited supply challenge," since it was made with whatever happened to be on my coffee table. *grin*

So here's this week's sketch:

That crooked panel had me scared, I'm tellin' ya! I tried soooo hard to flip the sketch or find a way around it, but I managed to give it a try. Here's what I came up with:

Not so bad, I don't think? I used a patterned piece from my Cosmo Cricket Material Girl paper pad, then used the Core'dinations Cosmo Classics Collection (say that 3 times fast) textured cardstock underneath. That stuff is pretty nifty...not to mention it matches my Cosmo, which is so hard to match!

For my crooked panel, I stamped a sentiment from a new Verve set called Feel the Sun. I matted it on another pattern from the Material Girl pad, then matted it with Dark Chocolate cardstock with a scalloped edge. It needed a little "something," so I wrapped some rustic twine around the bottom, then popped it up onto my card. The satin ribbon was a present from Julee...I have been petting it lovingly, and finally decided to cut into it. YUMMY!

Ok, well I think that's it...make sure you check out Mercy's Blog for her sample, as well as all my other girls, which I have missed so much! Thanks for letting me come back to play!!

Have a fabulous day!

Dumb Law of the Day comes to us from Georgia:
Donkeys may not be kept in bathtubs.

24 comments:

Janneke said...

Beautiful card Shannan ;0)

Janneke X

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Shannan - this is gorgeous, I love that sentiment and you have surrounded it so beutifully with that gorgeous DP! Love the ribbon as well! I have had a look at your Copics cards and can see you have a great eye for colours - gorgeous! God bless you Shannan! Great to see your cards! {{{hugs}}}

Sue said...

Welcome back, Shannan. I hope you've felt the love in all the prayers for you and your boys. Oh my, your coloring is absolutely beautiful. So good to have you back.

Unknown said...

shannan...first of all, welcome back sweetie! we've missed you so much, and we're so glad that you are back to your "crafty" self! this is so beautiful! love the dp, the yummy ribbon, and your crooked focal panel! good job with that, Ms. OCD! LOL!

thanks for another wonderful sample this week, and welcome back! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Dawn Easton said...

Shannan, I'm so happy to see you back stamping, your work is AMAZING! You did an awesome job with this sketch and I'd have never known that the tilted panel freaked you out...lol! Thanks for the tip on matching the DP too! I have a stash of core'dinations that rarely sees the light of day in my craft room...haha!

Pam Speidel said...

Yes indeedie! the QUEEN is BACK! You rocked this challenge...crooked and all! As always, fabulous creation Shannan! :)

Lisa H. said...

oh, this is awesome! LOVE the panel and gotta get me some of those papers! nice work, Shannan!

DeeDee said...

Ooooooh love it! The colors, the big satin bow, the crooked panel - all splendid. You have a terrific eye for color and design.

Debbie Seyer said...

Wonderful card, Shannan! I didn't know that Core'dinations had cs to match that! Gotta get me some! So happy you are back stamping! Big {HUGS}

Basement Stamper said...

Heck, I didn't know we couldn't keep donkeys in the bathtub? I better get my ass out of there now. Sorry, couldn't help it being from GA.

Glad to see you back to creating and for you being afraid of the sketch panel, it sure looks fantastic! Great job.

Lesa said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love that paper. I have to get mine out and play again. :) hugs

Randee E said...

So glad to see that you are back with your never ending cheerful disposition and awesome creativity!! Been praying for you :0)

michib said...

Welcome backed - I've missed getting my regular dose of inspiration from you :) Beautiful card - love the patterned paper.

Ashley Newell said...

This is GORGEOUS! I've missed seeing your cards! Hugs!

Jackie Pedro said...

You left it crooked!! Beautiful card, Shannan! Hugs, girl!!!

Harriet Skelly said...

I have yet to make a card with a crooked panel - and I'm not usually OCD - but now I have to do this sketch with a crooked panel!! Thanks for enabling me to do that! LOL! I love your card! Hugs!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is beautiful, Shannan! Love the inked edges and the fabulous contrast between the twine and the satin. And I'm loving that textured paper. Can't wait to find me some! :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

I'd better get my A** out of the tub then, huh??? LOL!!!!! I'm LOVING this gorgeous card, girl! So glad to have you back and I, too, am impressed that you left it crooked. I had to doctor mine up substantially so that I'd be ok w/ it too. It's unsettling, LOL! Big hugs to you, girlfriend. SO glad to see your beautiful creations!

Shannon Erskine said...

WOW! So gorgeous!! Love that Coredinations cs! gotta get me some of that!!

Justine said...

I am so glad to see you back here on Blogland. Please know that prayers were being said for you all over the world, yes here in Sicily too! Hugs, we missed you BTW the card is fantastic

Chrisd said...

Great job on your project and we are all glad you are back. Hugs from Michigan for you and the boys!

marilynwillauer said...

Welcome back. . . .you don't know me, but I love looking at your beautiful work. Hope you are embraced with love of family and friends. Keep on crafting, it's therapeutic.

Nicole said...

Ok, great card of course, especially the twine wrapping detail - love that! BUT seriously, that DUMB LAW has me laughing my butt off! LOL!!!!!!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card - Shannan!!! So happy to see you are up for some stampin' :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!