Monday, January 25, 2010

2 AM and I'm still awake, writing a song...if I get it all down on paper, it's no longer inside of me, threatening the life it belongs to...

Hey peeps, happy Tuesday! I hope you all had an awesome start to your week. I'm fighting the crud, so this will be a short & sweet post. Of course, Tuesday's are Mercy's Sketch Challenge days. She went easy on us this week:



Yep, easy, huh? I actually made two cards for this one, but will show you the other one later. Here's my favorite:



Isn't she a doll? Her name is Ella Lollipop, and she's from Stamping Bella. I stamped her in Memento Black ink on Bella's Bestest Paper and colored her with Copic markers. I cut and embossed the image with my Rectangle Nestabilities, sponged the edges with Close to Cocoa, then added a scalloped Chocolate Chip mat. I cut a panel of Bo Bunny Ocean Dot paper, sponged the edges, then wrapped some Melissa Frances lace around the bottom. I adhered it to my Kraft card base, then popped the main image up on dimensionals.

Now it's time to head over to Mercy's Blog to see her card, and then don't forget to check out the creations from the rest of the girls:

  • Cindy Haffner

  • Pam Speidel

  • Pam Varnell

  • Julie Lacey

  • Crystal Birr

  • Jessica Diedrich

  • Vicki Burdick(January Guest Muse)


  • Have a wonderful day!

    20 comments:

    Melissa Sauls said...

    TOOO stinkin' cute Stoob!!! :) Love your coloring. I just can't get over how cute this is!

    Heather P. said...

    This is soooooo sweet, and your coloring is *amazing*!

    Cindy Haffner said...

    Ohhh so fun!!!

    Anonymous said...

    What a cutie!! I love the lace ribbon- I love it!

    Unknown said...

    CA----UUUUUUUTE! I love this!

    Vicki Burdick said...

    Super, duber adorable, Shannon!!! That image is the cutest!!! Love this card!!

    Wanda Cullen said...

    She is absolutely adorable and such great coloring, Shannon! Love that yummy lace!

    Julie said...

    So pretty, Shannan! Love the touch of lace!

    Lisa H. said...

    oh, yeah! she's a doll alright! great card-diggin' the lace.

    Christi Flores said...

    This is precious!!! Hope you get to feeling better!! {{HUGS}}

    Shelly said...

    This is so adorable! I LOVE your coloring!!! Soft yet solid...fabulous!

    Jen Carter said...

    I just found your blog and wow! I love it!! I'm not usually a fan of cards with people on them but you do such an awesome job coloring them that I love them! Wonderful, wonderful work! I love your work with Verve too! Great stuff.

    The Spotted Chick said...

    OMG, OMG, OMG!!!! She's PERFECT!! Oh Shannan, you outdid yourself with this one! Definitely STUNNING! I LOVE Kraft CS too, and your coloring of this cute Lollipop image is well, say no more, IT'S FABULOUS!!!!

    Deb Neerman said...

    Adorable, Shannan! Love the image and you've colored her in beautifully ... and that lace trim is gorgeous!

    Karen Motz said...

    Fabulous colouring Shannan!!! And that grass ROCKS!!!

    Shawne said...

    completely dorable, great coloring and I love that sweet image!

    LindaH said...

    OMG...she is stunning

    Unknown said...

    OMG, shannan...this is so fantabulous! thanx for all of your hard work and dedication to the mtsc team!

    LURVE YOU!!!

    Pam Speidel said...

    Hi Shannan! Sure hope you're getting over the "crud" and feelin' better today! I'm actually home from work with the crud, but after sleeping all morning decided I felt good enough to do some blogging. LOVE your sweet little Bella image and your coloring is incredible! Yes, Mercy went easy on us this week. ;) Smiles 2 U, Pam :)

    Barbara said...

    WOW, what a beautiful card! Gorgeous colouring!
    :-)

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!