Monday, August 10, 2009

Well, she always knows her place...she's got style, she's got grace, she's a winner...

Hey, y'all, Happy Tuesday! How's your week going so far? Mine is fun, but busy with all Verve release stuff going on. I've added more details at the bottom of this post in case you're interested!

So, it's Tuesday, which means it's time for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge! Mercy cooked up another fabulous sketch for us this week, so check it out:


Fun, huh? I decided to combine it with Dawn's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #14, and throw in a little Verve Sneak Preview just for fun. See whatcha think:


This card uses a new set from Verve called Express Yourself, which is so totally fun. The colors were just a smidge out of my comfort zone...I was cool until she threw in the Scarlet, which I don't have from Papertrey, so I substituted Bravo Burgundy, which I don't love. I cut and embossed a Cream panel with my Labels One Nestabilities, then added a mat of Elegant Eggplant. The sentiment was stamped in Versafine Onyx Black, and the two flourishes were stamped in Raspberry Fizz. Then I stamped the polka dots (from Bountiful Backgrounds...shhh!!) in Bravo Burgundy on Cream cardstock, matted it with Raspberry Fizz, and added a Burgundy scalloped edge along the bottom.

A strip of Raspberry Fizz stitched grosgrain was wrapped around my polka dot panel, with the full intention of doing a bow/button combo. But then I found this fabulous Burgundy felt flower in my stash from Creative Cafe and decided to use it instead. I adhered that with Zip Dry, then added a cream button tied with crochet thread. The final touch was rounding the corners of my Kraft card base.

Don't forget to check out Mercy's Blog, as well as the rest of the Muses for more inspiration using this sketch:

  • Pam Speidel
  • Cindy Haffner
  • Pam Varnell
  • Julie Lacey
  • Crystal Birr
  • Jackie Pedro
  • Jessica Diedrich

  • If you decide to play along, don't forget to use the keyword MTSC33 when uploading to a public gallery so we can all see your fabulous creations!

    I know I mentioned some of this the other day, but I just wanted to remind you of all the fun things going on for Verve's 2nd Birthday.

    Anni-VERVE-sary Sketch Challenges: Check them out on this thread!
    Diva Giveaways: Each day from now until Thursday each of the Diva's are hosting a Giveaway Challenge/Game/Activity in the Verve Forum! You can check out all of the details on this thread.
    Sneak Peeks: Start TODAY on the Verve Blog! You won't want to miss it!
    It all wraps up on Friday Night, August 14th,at the Verve 2nd Anni-VERVE-sary Release Party beginning at 8PM EST in the Verve Forum! I hope to see you there!!

    Have a fabulous day, and thanks for stopping by to see me!

    16 comments:

    Tina said...

    Love the card and the reference to Tom Jones. You always get the tune in my head! ") ~ Hope your itching has faded.

    Unknown said...

    shannan...this is so elegant and gorgeous! i love the clean and simple look of this card, and i also love how you worked in the verve sneak peek...wish i would have thought of that! LOL!

    thanks so much for another gorgeous sketch sample this week...i am so proud to have you as my first guest designer!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    Jessica Diedrich said...

    What a gorgeous card and color combo! I love it! So glad you are playing along with us this month and hey, I actually remembered to mention that this time on my blog, LOL! Beautiful card, Shannan-it's an HONOR to be working with you!

    Silke Ledlow said...

    Beautiful card - Shannan!!! You rocked Dawn's Color Combo (I thought it was tough) and Mercy's Sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

    Julie said...

    Shannan this is da bomb! I love the colors! Such simple beauty! So glad you are playing along with mercy's sketch this month! :)

    Sabrina Jackson said...

    Shannan, what a stunning card!!! Also, thanks for letting me know that the subscription button was up. You rock!!! Hugs, Sabrina

    Dawn Easton said...

    This is so clean and elegant! Love it!

    Anonymous said...

    Beautiful color combo and love the stamped polka dots!

    Savitri said...

    What a cute cute card!!!

    Pam Varnell said...

    These colors may be out of your comfort zone but they look fantastic together on this card. Love it all!!! Your card is gorgeous,

    Avenueswithoutlimit said...

    shannan,this is so luvly luv the classic elegance.
    I luv what you do with the cuttlebug folders, you should enter our challenges.
    thanks
    Maggie
    http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

    Pam Speidel said...

    Ooh La La! You've got me humming that song now Shannan! :) Love your gorgeous car!... the colors, the sketch (of course!) and the new Verve Stamps too!

    Terri Trotter Earley said...

    Love your fun take on the sketch. Way to rock Dawn's color combo.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    Jessie/knightrone said...

    This is beautiful!!

    AJ said...

    just fabulous!! :)

    Betty Wright said...

    This is wondeful, Shannan!!! Love the flower detailing and the sketch!!!

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!