Monday, August 3, 2009

Sky falls, you feel like it's a beautiful day...don't let it get away...

Hey, peeps, Happy Tuesday! I hope you're week is going great so far. Mine is okay, but my boys are getting restless...it's definitely time to go back to school...before I pull my hair out! *yikes*

So, I have some fun news for you today...I was chatting with my friend Mercy the other day about her Tuesday sketch challenges, and she asked if I would be her first Guest Muse for August! I'm super excited...I love Mercy's sketches! Here's the sketch for this week:


And here's my card (lookie! I didn't alter it! *grin*):


I was feelin' a little scrappy, can't you tell? I decided on Charlotte Ketto for my main image, so I stamped her in Black Stazon on watercolor paper and colored her with reinkers and a waterbrush. I cut and embossed the image with my Rectangle Nestabilities, and added a tiny mat of Prism Suede Brown Dark before matting it onto the scalloped rectangle. The pink didn't show up very well on my base layer of Basic Grey Urban Prairie paper, so I added a larger mat of Suede Brown Dark behind the scalloped layer.

For the two strips across, I decided to do something a little different. First I adhered 2 strips of 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon to my card base, then stitched strips of 3/8" Regal Rose Grosgrain, pleating them as I went. I love how they look! Then I stitched around the Basic Grey layer and Brown mat, using a zig-zag stitch, and added a photo corner to the top left. For the flower accent, I layered some Primas and a button, and finished the card off with the Hello Dear Friend sentiment stamped in Versamagic Jumbo Java. Of course, I had to add some Diamond Stickles to Charlotte's dress for fun, too.


We'd love for you to play along with us this week! If you do, make sure you link your creation to Mercy's blog and also use keyword MTSC33 when uploading to your public gallery so we can see your fabulous creations. For more inspiration using this week's sketch, check out Mercy's blog, and the rest of the Muses:

Thanks so much for hangin' out with me today. I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

18 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

LOVE your card, Shannan!! Congratulations!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love3 your fun card, super cute job, congrats on being GD!

Julie said...

OMWord, awesome sample, Shannan! Beautiful take on the sketch! Love the colors and that gorgeous coloring! :) Welcome aboard!

Kim said...

Smart girl, that Mercy! :) Thanks for hooking me up with her sketches and I hope to try this one out. Can't wait to see your creations this month - this card is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous coloring and yummy rows of ribbon!! Gorgeous sample!!

Leslie Miller said...

I love this sketch and the card you've created with it (using some of my favorite designer papers)! Adorable!

Bethany Paull said...

GORGEOUS! I love how you stitched over the folded ribbon. Looks like something I'll have to try. TFS.

Silke Ledlow said...

Shannan - Congrats on being Mercy's Stampin' Muse this month :)!!!

Your card is gorgeous!!! Lov eyour coloring and the cute Bella image!!! Fab take on the Sketch - GF!!! Hugs ~S~

Kristina said...

Very cute!! Love how you stitched the ribbon in the background!

Anonymous said...

such a fun card for the challenge this week...just adorable

Sandra MacLean said...

Love the card Shannon! I love how you did the grass. And congratulations on the GD spot! Well deserved! :)

Jaymerz said...

This is adorable Shannan!! I love the ribbon, I am going to have to try it.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is just adorable Shannan!! LOVE your stitched ribbon girl!! You're AWESOME!!

Savor the Journey said...

Wooooooooohoooooooooooooooo, Shannan! Congrats on being Mercy's first Guest Designer!
What a great card you've created! I'm thinking that I might like to check out her challenges. Thanks for the heads-up.

~Bev

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

I lovey, lovey, lovey... LOOOOOOVEY this card, Shannan! You little ribbon goddess and Copic WonderGirl! :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Errrr.... I mean watercolor WONDERGirl. See, I read the details and didn't just look at the pretty pics!!! ;)

Meahni said...

Great sketch, I think I'm going to have to try it some time too, hehehe. The card is gorgeous.
On the egg topic, what do you do about bread, pasta, cakes??? (Do you have to buy vegan products?)
keep well.
Meahni

Christi Flores said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I am in LOVEEEE!!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!