Monday, July 6, 2009

I'll be part of you in the way I do...come into my life so I can sing...

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. To my American friends...Happy belated Fourth of July! And to my Canadian friends, an even more belated Happy Canada Day! We had a fun weekend of just hanging out, eating good food, and fun with family. How about you?

I had a few minutes to stamp this afternoon while my boys were playing video games, so I decided to check out the Stamping Bella Challenge Forum. I decided to play along with the Bella's Favorite Stamper...this month's FS is Tracy Cornhill. Sistah has a rockin' gallery full of Bella goodness. I chose this cutie pie card to case.


I decided to use Maisy Ketto, so I stamped her in Black Stazon on watercolor paper and colored her with reinkers and a waterbrush. You can't see it very well in the photo, but she has a really soft pink glow behind her, which I think is pretty fun. I cut and embossed the image with my Circle Nestabilities and matted it with a black circle. I created a 4 1/4" square card base from Neenah Solar White and cut a 4" square layer of Kraft as my base layer. I embossed it with my Swiss Dots Embossing Folder and added some black gingham ribbon on the left side. The Cool Caribbean layer behind her was cut and embossed with my Rectangle Nestabilities, then I popped the main image up on dimensionals on top. To finish it off, I added some Diamond Stickles to her crown, flower, and wings.

Ok, y'all, I'm headed to clean the kitchen. Fun! Don't forget to check out this week's Bellariffic Friday sketch on Emily's Blog. Have a fabulous day!

OOHH! One more thing...on my sidebar, I added a Cbox, since all the cool kids like Linda and Paula have one. *wink* So, come chat!

5 comments:

Yvonne Hagane said...

Your cards are awesome, Shannan!! I so love your style, they are all so full of life and fun to look at!
Hugs, Yvonne.

Heather P. said...

This is gorgeous! Lovin' these colors together!

Anonymous said...

Super cute card Shannan! Thanks again. :o) Tracy Cornhill

LindaH said...

I love her, and I love the simple sketch!

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Gorgeous card, love the KETTO's. Beautiful colored.

Sunny regards, Renata

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!