Saturday, July 18, 2009

If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself, and then make a change...

Happy Saturday, everybody! What are y'all up to this weekend? We're just kind of being lazy...it's hot outside, and my allergies are too bad in the summer to do anything but stay indoors. Blech!

Yesterday I was impatiently waiting for my Stamping Bella order to be delivered, so I stayed in my craft room (which is right by the front door so I could hear *wink*) and made a cute little card set with some of my Verve Stamps. This idea has been brewing in my head for a few days, and I finally got to finish it. Don't you hate when that happens and you can't find time to sit and finish?

Aren't those cute? (If I do say so myself *wink*) I used last week's Weekend Sketch Challenge from Charmaine, which I thought was perfect to use with my Kindred Spirits set from Verve. I stamped the largest Fleur de lis image in PTI Ocean Tides, Ripe Avocado, and Raspberry Fizz ink three times on Neenah Solar White paper and punched it out with my 1 3/4" circle punch. I then cut pieces of Kraft and Black cardstock for the center panel, and embossed the Kraft with the Swiss Dots embossing folder, then adhered it to the black mat.

To create the bottom portion of the panel, I cut strips of my three colors and stamped the fleur de lis border in a repeated pattern in the same color ink. I then created a scalloped border using my SU Scalloped Edge Punch. The sentiment was stamped in Versafine Onyx Black, and then I adhered the strip to the bottom of the Kraft panel. I decided to use Score-Tape for this in case the embossing kept the strip from totally sticking down to the panel.

One of the reasons I chose these three colors is because I had matching stitched grosgrain ribbon for all three. I tied the ribbon in a knot around the panels at the very top of the colored strip, and then popped up my three circles on dimensionals along the left side. I then adhered the panels to my white card bases with dimensionals.

Well, I'm off to color some of my new Bella images...I'll see y'all later! Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Randee E said...

ooh la la! I love these. Love the color combos and the layout. Funny how Kraft goes so well and can even look elegant :0)

Betty Meyskens said...

Love, love these cards! They can be used for sooooo many different themes. Definitely going to case this idea.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!