Friday, June 19, 2009

I'm dreaming of a white, pink polka dot Christmas....

Happy Friday, everybody! I hope you've had a fantastic week! I have enjoyed a little bit of "me time," but that ends today...the boys will be home and back to the normal stuff this afternoon. Fun, fun! It was nice while it lasted...*wink*

So since it's Friday, you know it's time for my Bellariffic Friday card! This week's sketch came from Paula, and I'm gonna get her for this one. Seriously...was it hard for anyone else??? EEK! I mulled it over in my brain for a few days (which usually does the trick), then stared at my stamps till the very last minute, and then came up with the idea to take little squares of different images. Not sure if it worked or not...you tell me...


I'm still not convinced. But it has pink & sparkles, so it at least makes me happy. *grin* The images are as follows: Maisy Sunshine (top left), Gardenia Greenthumb (top right), Wendy Papillon (bottom left), and Eloise Greengrass (bottom right). I colored them all with Copic Markers and added Fruit Punch Stickles to the flowers and butterflies. I punched the images out with a square punch and rubbed the edges along my Memento Tuxedo Black inkpad. Then I matted each square with Prism Iced Pink cardstock, and then matted all four onto a 3 1/4" square black panel. I thought the Kraft card base set the colors off nicely. I added a thin white strip across the middle and tied a sheer turquoise pinstripe ribbon around and in a bow. The main panel is popped up on dimensionals, and I added the Think Pink sentiment edged with a Copic Marker & matted in Black. The finished card measures 4" square...just perfect for these new 4 1/8" square envelopes in the Bella Store.

Well, hopefully you like my crazy and a little busy card...if not, you can always say you like the stamps! *giggle* To see what the Babes and the Sistahood did with this insane sketch, check out Emily's blog. Have a fabulous weekend!

11 comments:

Angela Thomas said...

OMG!!! I LOVE this idea!!!!! Absolutely beautiful!

Julie Campbell said...

Yep! LOVE this! Fun idea! :)

Dana White said...

Shannan this is so brilliant - love how you worked with this sketch!

Stefanie said...

I think it works! Very pretty. :) I had a hard time with it too. I thought I'd do skewed images like they were peeking in, but I don't think I pulled it off.

Unknown said...

Yours is adorable, I'm going to have to kick Paula's behind for this one too because it KILLED ME. So much so that I had to come up with a second card I didn't dislike! LOL!

Wendy Hall said...

Love this card, have left you an award on my blog!!

paula said...

I works beutifully Shannan!! I almost, almost did something similar but it was soooo much coloring, LOL!!! I love all the chichi images, they are gorjuss!!

Juls said...

I think you have pulled off an amazing card! I love it coulers are fab. Just gorgeous!

Yvonne Hagane said...

How cool!! Love it:)

Theresa Dagostino Forge said...

I think it works perfectly!!! You did an awesome job! Its very pretty.

Unknown said...

shannan...this is spectacular! love the brillisnt colors against the neutral kraft bg...so stunning!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!