Thursday, April 16, 2009

What would I give if I could live out of these waters? What would I pay to spend a day warm on the sand?

Hey guys, Happy Thursday! This week is going by so fast...I'm not quite sure where it went. The good news is that I'm almost caught up on the stamping I was behind on, so now there will be more time to play! Hopefully my family will cooperate...fingers crossed!

I wanted to post the card I made last night for yesterday's Sketch Challenge on Splitcoast. Get out your sunglasses...I was feeling BRIGHT! *wink*

Kenya Ketto arrived on my doorstep on Tuesday, so I decided to ink her right up. Isn't she fabulous? I stamped her in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored her with Copic Markers. Once she was colored, I cut and embossed her with my new Deckled Rectangle Nestabilities and added a tiny black mat. For my base layer, I chose Apricot Appeal and stamped Kenya's Sparkle in Marigold Morning. I then sponged the edges with Marigold Morning, going in a little farther than I normally would, then sponged Tangerine Tango on the very edge to tie in the orange. After adding a black mat, I made a couple rounds with my sewing machine to add some straight but funky stitching. For the panels across, I chose strips of Tempting Turquoise and Tangerine Tango (gee, that's a lot of T's!) and embossed them with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. A little white peeking out from under made the panels pop off the black layer, which I punched with my Martha Stewart Border Punch. Then to finish it off, I added the "Oh, Happy Day" sentiment (love that one!!) and three small Blue Crackle Dots. You likey?

In other news, I noticed the other day that I am nearing 175K hits. WOW, you guys!!! When I started my blog, I thought only my mom and sister would read it! I am beyond flabbergasted that other people come visit me. Thank you!!! So....stay tuned for blog candy tomorrow or Saturday, k? Have a fabulous day!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the card!! Brights are my fave!! Blessings and hugs!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so cute....but you have me singing the Little Mermaid song now....

dpkennedy said...

Wow, she's gorgeous! Love your colors!!

Gena Porter - aka GDP2001 said...

Love this card. Great colors!
Gena

CarlaKH said...

beautiful. I need me some Ketto now

Jackie Pedro said...

Me likey very much!! Great bright colors!!

Robin McK said...

Hi Shannan! I love your Ketto Card! Also, I love the Little Mermaid verse - ahh, it brings back memories!

Katie Cotton said...

LOVE this!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh my goodness is this adorable!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Love it! I saw this card when I was commenting on another card at SCS the other day, and totally said - that's got to be a Shannan card! :) Love Kenya, and especially love the fun colors and layout. Just fabulous!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Love the bright colors and this fun image! Congrats on the blog hits~ it's no wonder why to me! Your blog and cards are awesome.

LindaH said...

i think about 5000 of those hits could be mine...;)...way to go!

Anonymous said...

She is just stunnin' sistah!! I love the colros you used and how can ya not use a rainbow...she just begs for color!

Anonymous said...

Super card Shannan! You're right she's bright but also cheery and warm .. the way I like it!

shel9999 said...

Shannon, you are making me want each and every one of these Ketto's you're using! Stop it!!! LOL.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!