Wednesday, March 25, 2009

But I can see the countryside...you can be rich when you’re poor...

Hey yall! I'm happy to be off the couch and feeling better...thanks for all the sweet words! I'm about to head to bed, just wanted to post a little eye candy for you night owls (and early risers)!

I've had several birthday cards to make lately, and Patricia Birthdaycake has been calling my name. I love the color combo I ended up with on this one.
Sitting next to each other were my Baja Breeze and Groovy Guava inkpads, and they looked so happy together! So I decided to watercolor this image (after stamping it in Stazon on watercolor paper) with my reinkers and waterbrush. I used a blender pen in some of the tiny places for more control...much easier! The Happy Birthday sentiment fit perfectly on the Kraft panel, and I finished it all off with three small flatbacked pearls. I am sooooooo addicted to those things!

Ok, it's late and I am soooo not a morning person...better get my beauty sleep! My Bella order will be here later this week and I (for the first time EVAH!) ordered a few things I already had (shhhh), so stay tuned for some blog candy, k? Have a fabulous day!

6 comments:

Jaymerz said...

Glad you are feeling better. I love this color combo, I may have to try it out.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is absolutely darling!! Your coloring is fantastic, and your colors and sketch are fabulous!!

Danni said...

This is so pretty!! I agree, love this color combo! Great job! and hope you continue to feel better!

Jodi Collins said...

AAAAACK! Oh my word! This is FABULOUSNESS to the max girlie! LOVE this image, your layout and your coloring WOWS me every time!!!

Linda Beeson said...

Your little girl image is just the cutest! She just goes with a cake design! LOVE the card.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhh...I love her!! Your coloring is fabulous!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!