Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My hope is in the Name of the Lord, Where my help comes from...You're my strength, my song...

Hey yall! I hope you're enjoying your Tuesday. My kiddos are back to school, and I have a million things to to! I do have a little preview of a new Verve set...wanna see? Hmmm, I thought you might! *wink* This is a little set of 2 called Jeremiah 29:11. I was soooo excited that Julee created this...I have been looking and looking for a good stamp of this verse. Love it! What do you think?

I created this card based on the colors in the October Afternoon paper. After stamping the verse in Versamark and embossing it with black detail embossing powder, I cut the panel with my Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities and sponged the edges with Old Olive ink. Stamping the cross over the verse was a last minute touch, but I really like it. A few brads, some ribbon, and I was done! I hope you like it!

ETA: There's a challenge going on in the Verve Forum, and a stamp giveaway on the Verve Blog. Check 'em out!

Now if you feel like it, there's a video below of a song that I just adore. The lyrics from it are today's title, and I thought you might want to hear it. Check it out if you want! (But don't hold me responsible when you have to buy the CD!)

ETA: Sorry, that video was removed. Here's another version for ya. :)

15 comments:

Jaspere said...

Just stunning. Love your colors. Absolutely beautiful

Amy Sheffer said...

Incredible, Shannan! Love that October Afternoon paper and the pop of the black.

Maria Gurnsey said...

I LOVVVVVVVVVVVEE this!! The paper and colors are gorgeous!! BEautiful!

Lynda Benden said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS Shannan! I never would have thought to use the OA paper, it is perfect!

Tina said...

Good card, great music! ;)

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous card! I love that verse, too.

Steph K (booga3) said...

Beautiful card, Shannan!

Julie Campbell said...

Love the card, love that verse, & LOVE that song! :) Thanks for sharing the video!

Elaine M said...

Love the card Shannan - but when I tried to watch the video, I got this message: "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation" - bummer!! If you ever get it reposted, let me know. I'd love to hear this song.

Julie Masse said...

What a gorgeous card Shannan - caught my eye right away!!! Beautiful stamp! :)

Nancy B. aka Jean said...

Shannon, Thanks for letting us view your blog and see what Creative things you have been creating.

Using God's Talent that he gave you. It's Wonderful!!

I saw your spread in Stampers Sampler yesterday afternoon. It's wonderful to read all about your work and see it too.

Have yourself a Super day!

May God bless you and your family.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This card is absolutely GORGEOUS girl!

Amy said...

That is a lovely card, Shan! Beautiful!

Bethany Paull said...

BEAUTIFUL Shann. Love the brads.

Rebecca said...

I LOVE me some Hillsong! Darlene's heart is SO for the Lord. I adore this song. Thanks for posting it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!