Saturday, November 8, 2008

Wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up, cause I'm only dreaming...

Happy Saturday, yall! It's starting to feel like the holidays around here, even though it's 80 degrees outside. *sigh*

Okay so I have been writing this blog post for almost an hour...the kiddos are grouchy today! We're gonna make it short and sweek, k?

Here's my card for this week's Sketch for You to Try.

I used one of the new Verve Releases called Snow Wonderful. This little guy is sooo super cute! Check out samples from my friends Jen (and our guest Becca), Amy R, Amy S, Carole, and Susan.

And here is the card I made for Julee's Holiday Release Sketch Blitz Day 5.

This card uses images from Snowflake Splendor and a sentiment from Ornamental Christmas. I went shabby chic on this one with lots of sponging, sewing, and some lace trim.

For more previews of the sets to be released on November 10th, check out the Verve Blog. I hope you can join us on Sunday night at 7:00 PM Central in the Verve Forum for the release party. All the info is HERE.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannan
Love your cards shown on todays blog entry - heck - I like every card on your blog :)
I am having a great minds think alike moment (asuming my mind is great??? - your cards are proof that yours is!) I just made a snowman card that looks very similar to yours.
Glad to hear that you are enjoying some warm weather. It is cold and rainy here in Ottawa, Canada - and imagine - today was the Santa Claus parade!! I swear it gets earlier every year. It's beginning to look alot like Christmas - every where we go.... (sing the rest Sistah!)
Mwah, Pinky (Lori)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute Shannan!! Hope the kiddos get uncranky!!

Christi Flores said...

I'm definitely feeling ya on the kids today. *sigh* Both of your cards are amazing!!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Get out, girl!!! These are SOOOOO amazing! I love all the white on the first especially! And the killer trim on the second - WOW!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

That snowman is just the cutest!! And the pink flakes are gorgeous!! Love all the fun embellishing too!!

Bethany Paull said...

Gorgeous cards Shan. Love how you used the twine with that sketch for your snowman card. Where do you get your pretty lace trims?

Anonymous said...

Super sweet cards Shannan!! Love the lace and your snowman card!!
--Becca

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Pure gorgeousness! Love that snowman card and the lacey ribbon on the Sketch Blitz card is de-lish! Beautiful!!! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!