Saturday, November 1, 2008

But I know this crush ain't going away ay ay ayyyyyy....

Ahoy, blog peeps! I hope you all had a fantastic Halloween. We trick or treated and had a blast. I'll have some pictures to show you later, but right now I have a new Sketch for You to Try card today! This one came together really quickly, and I really like how it turned out! ARRRGGG....

Fun, huh? I used my Kim Hughes Ahoy Matey set and a branch from the UR A Hoot set to create the main image. I also did the Cracked Glass technique for last Thursday's challenge. Not too easy with Detail embossing powder, but hey, I made it work! *grin*

This is a really quick post today cause I'm on my way to meet my sister for lunch. To see more fun stuff with this sketch, check out Jen's blog (and say hi to our new guest, Becca Feekin!), as well as cards from my other stampin' friends Amy R, Amy S, Carole, & Susan.

Have a fabulous Saturday!

13 comments:

carole (TruCarMa) said...

This shorely be cute, ye scurvy wench!

Alli Miles said...

Fabulous card girl! I love that cracked look and the colours you have going on here!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Love this, Shannan. The bright colors are perfect, and the cracked glass looks great!

Jackie Pedro said...

Love the colors and that bird is so darned cute!! Great card, Shannan!!

Jody Morrow said...

That is GORGEOUS!

ChrissyM said...

This is fantastic!! Love the colors and that bird is adorable. My little sis is a big pirate fan, I'll have to show her this.

Amy said...

I think your cracked glass turned out *beautifully*! And you know I always love the sewing. :-) Great job!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute(love Carole's comment, still crackin up!!)!!

Stamp and Smile said...

Fun colors and adorable... it rocks! Smiles... Michelle :)

Anonymous said...

Oooooh the cracked glass works perfectly on your card. Great take on the sketch!!
--Hugs Becca

Angie Williams said...

fun fun fun! Great card!

Christi Flores said...

How fun!! I love this!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Great card! Love your realistic looking cracked glass, and your coloring is fab as always! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!