Friday, October 24, 2008

I'm already there, take a look around...I'm the sunshine in your hair, I'm the shadow on the ground...

Hey, yall, it's FRIDAY!!! I have a super PINK post for you today, so I  hope you're excited! *grin*

First of all, I wanted to share this card I made for a few challenges this week. I used this week's Color Challenge, Sketch Challenge, and my challenge in the Bella Forum, which was to create a card using some sort of water theme (since I'm pouting about not Cruising with the Sistahs!) Here's my card.
I pulled out Belinda Bumberboots, another Chichiboulie Fairy from Stamping Bella. I stamped her in Brilliance Black on Fabriano Hot Press watercolor paper, then watercolored her with reinkers and a waterbrush. I used Pretty in Pink for her dress, but it was a little bright, so I blended some Chocolate Chip over it and that toned it down quite nicely. Before I watercolored the image, I colored the flowers, leaves, and dots with a Copic marker. It was awesome, because the darker images didn't bleed when I colored over them! To make her kosher for my challenge, I added Diamond Glaze to the rain drops & puddle. So fun! I hope you likey.

The other pink thing I have to tell you about is Verve's Think Pink Sale! Here's the info:
Fun, huh? You know how I love a good sale. Then add in a good cause (especially one so close to my heart!) and it's a no-brainer! From now until October 31st, Julee is taking 10% off all stamps at the Verve Store, and ALSO donating 10% of all sales to the Susan G Komen for the Cure Foundation. What a great time to stimulate the economy! *wink*

Have fun, and have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

LindaH said...

don't pout! think of me, i'm not cruisin' with the sistah's either. CANNOT wait to read about Em's adventures. Love this card! You're coloring is fantastic on this!

Unknown said...

what a pretty card..Singin' in the Rain..oops but then thats another song..ty for sharing.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh I just LOVE this image! Adorable!

Bethany Paull said...

Too cute! Love the brown shading.

Stamp and Smile said...

So sweet! Love the colors and your coloring. Embossing folder too! Smiles... :)

Jennifer Scull said...

makes me want to splash in the rain with her! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!