Thursday, August 21, 2008

When suffering hangs heavy o'er your head, know that tomorrow brings wholeness and healing...

Love that song! It's an oldie but totally goodie by Crystal Lewis.

Ok, so I know I promised a Celebrate MFT card today. But I am soooooooo tired!!! You know you're tired when you're too tired to stamp. After another crazy day at work, I separated the boys school supplies, and off we went to meet their teachers. We're at a new school this year because of redrawn lines, and on top of that, my baby is starting kindergarten! He was so cute tonight, and his big brother was so protective and helpful. It was so fun. So although there was no time for stamping, I consider the evening a total success.

I do have something I've been meaning to share with you, though. Last Tuesday (the morning of the Verve Release party), I was struck by inspiration for a project that was so fun, quick and easy it scared even me! *grin* So I swung by Lowe's and picked up a sheet of these tiles (10 bucks for 36 of them!) and made some fridge magnets!

Seriously, I was really impressed with myself! I know, I'm sounding like JanTink again. *wink* But I was proud!

First, I washed off the tiles (they were kinda dusty), inked up my new Plain Jane stamps, along with the cross from Notes of Prayer, and stamped them on the tiles in Brilliance Graphite Black. I blasted them with a heat gun for just a second, then let them sit for about 5 minutes till they were good and dry. Then I went at them with a couple of Copic markers to add a little something extra, and finally sprayed them with clear, matte Krylon spray sealer. Finally, I glued super strong round magnets (from Lowe's on the Hardware aisle) onto the backs with Diamond Glaze (aka Crystal Effects) and let them dry, magnet side up, for about 30 minutes. All done!

Really, the drying time took longer than it took me to actually stamp and assemble these little babies. Besides looking so cute on my fridge, they give me a daily reminder that we all need. And they make me happy!

So anyway, I just thought I'd share these with you...in case you needed a random decor or gift idea. Hope you like them!

Happy Friday...Jen is kicking off the Verve Project Parade, and I'll have a Sketch for You to Try tomorrow! Thanks for visiting me!


Stamps: Notes of Prayer, Matthew 11:28, 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18, Joshua 24:15, Isaiah 61:3
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: 2"x2" Marble Tile, Copic Markers

7 comments:

Kacey Elliott said...

What a fabulous project! Great designs!

Christina Fischer said...

Shannan, you ARE brilliant! I love these! :)

Christi Flores said...

These are amazing!!!! I think I might have to try this out!

Unknown said...

these are great!
now i'm gonna need to get these stamps!!!

Unknown said...

Really neat Shannan - they are so pretty!! I NEED some of those Plain Janes!! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

You should be proud, these are fabulous!!

Conniecrafter said...

These are awesome, what neat little gift ideas to encourage others, tfs!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!