Thursday, May 29, 2008

So tonight will be the night that I will fall for you, over again....

Sorry, that song came out of nowhere! But it's totally stuck in my head. I think maybe from So You Think You Can Dance? Who knows with me.

So it's Friday, people!!!! And time for another Unity Inspiration Challenge. The idea use a beach scene came from Jimmi (thanks, girl!), and I had to show you one of my favorite places.


It's a resort near Cancun called XCaret (pron. shhhhh-car-ET) and it is truly one of the coolest places on earth. We went there when it was in its first phases back when I was in like middle school and I will never forget it. We got to swim with dolphins and float in the Underground River...so fun!

And here's my card:
Instead of doing a whole "beachy" thing, I focused on the trees. This tree from Giggle Grove is probably one of my favorite Unity images. I cut out the leaves and popped them up on Pop Dots. I also sprayed Oyster Glimmer Mist on the watercolor paper, but it doesn't show in the photo.

If you decide to play with us this week, make sure you link it up in the Unity Stamp Company forum, and use the keywords UIC02 and Unity so we can all see your creations! Also, you might want to check out the Unity Blog...there's some really fun things (i.e. a SALE!) going on there. I hope you have a fabulous day!


Stamps: Giggle Grove (Unity Stamp Company), Sentiment from Print Works
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Basic Black, Watercolor
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Waterbrush & Reinkers, Corner Rounder, Pop Dots, Glimmer Mist (Oyster), Distressor Tool, May Arts Twine

11 comments:

toners said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the dimension you added :)

Unknown said...

shannan...this is aawesome! love the watercoloring...so rich!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

BEAUTIFUL! Your watercoloring is so gorgeous. Wish I was on a nice colorful beach like that. :)

Michelle said...

How fun! Love the card. So gorgeous.

We went to Xcaret in 2002, it was so much fun & that underground river was spectacular!

Anonymous said...

You done good, girlie!

Maren said...

Gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for a challenge... I wanna be there!!!

(I've already picked my winner for SYTYCD).... he was on last night.... AWESOME!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just read you married your best friend from childhood. That is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

This caught my eye immediately because it is so different. Oh, gorgeous too!!

Bethany Paull said...

This is awesome! Those trees are so mod.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love your coloring here! Those trees are fab!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!