Monday, March 10, 2008

On the day I fall in love, sky will be a perfect blue...

Ok, so today has to be my least favorite day of the year. Yep, the Monday after Spring Forward. BIG GIANT YUCK. Every year I curse the person who makes us lose an hour...and if I ever find him (it has to be a him, only a man would decide to do something so stupid) he will be very sorry!!

So now that you've heard my rant *wink*, here's my card for this week's MFT Sketch challenge! I decided it was high time I did an "over the top" card...and I'd forgotten how long those take! I also decided to try my hand at Pam's famous Ribbon Blossom. I think I need more practice.


I tried to make it as springy and fun as I could...and yes, I used that darn Imaginisce paper again. Have I mentioned that I love it?

I hope you're having a great Monday...I'm off to grumble some more about Daylight Savings...

Stamps: Rain or Shine (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Papertrey White, Watercolor, Imaginisce For Peeps Sake
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black & Vintage Sepia, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Copic Markers, Diamond Glaze, Marvy Scalloped Rectangle & Oval Punches, Dimensionals, Ribbon (SU & May Arts), Baubles, Photo Corner Punch, Swarovski Crystals, Quickie Glue Pen, Ticket Corner Punch, Jumbo Sponge Dauber, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder

20 comments:

Haylie said...

Beautiful card! I also hate DLST! Every year I say that I'm moving to Arizona...lol!

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute! :) We must have been on the same wave length, I used that stamp set yesterday. LOL

I love the colors you chose for this cute and springy card!

Bethany Paull said...

Wowzers. Great stuff. love the photo corners.

Christi Flores said...

This is adorable! I love the springy colors and that ribbon blossom is awesome!! I'm going to have to try that out. :)

Donna Baker said...

I'm with you on that one! hate springing forward (until this evening when it's lighter out later, I will love that) love your over the top card! it's so springy.

Anonymous said...

This is just darling!! I LOVE the colors, layout, just so cute!! :D

Unknown said...

You did such an amazing job here. Of course, last week I ran out to grab this paper after seeing it pop up everywhere online.

See today, I was thrilled about DST because my little guy slept till what was SUPPOSED to be seven. Even though it was actually **really** still six, it was nice to roll over and see a time not starting with a five or a six for a change!!

Holly Young said...

great card! I love your ribbon blossom. I haven't tried that yet, but your card makes me want to!

Bobbi G said...

in Indiana his name is mitch daniels. Our govenor. Until three years ago we didn't do Dst. Now we do. Sunrise is now 8:08; and our kids stand in the dark at the bus stop. Don't get me started girl! Anyway... Great card! Love it! Fairydust.Indy

Janine said...

I love it !! The ribbon bow is fab...

Amy said...

wow! Your over the top card is beautiful! I hope you are adjusting to the new time change, so sorry it's difficult for you!

Hugs,
Amy

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

I'm hopelessly addicted to this paper, too! Yummy! Adorable card - love the ribbon puff. My grandma used to have a little weiner dog who had a yellow sweater just like that! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Girl - you totally crack me up! I agree 100% about it being some guy who invented DST. Love, Love, Love your card! I've got to put that ribbon blossom on my "to try" list!

Lori said...

I am with you, a BIG GIANT YUCK, on the Monday after day light savings.....I couldn't have said it any better for the way I feel about it. Love checking your blog! Your right, no one in their right mind would have come up with such a thing!!!
Lori

Jessie/knightrone said...

So super fabulous!!! Loving all that ribbon and the super cute colors and paper!! Thanks for sharing!!

Maren said...

So gorgeous! Love that ribbon and the paper!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful card and you did a great job on the ribbon blossom! You should see mine, well I don't show mine in public so that should tell you something, hehe

Denise Bryant (imchatty) said...

Love this card and I love your blog. Have I been living under a rock? Why have I never visited before? Well you are now in my Google Reader and will be read every time you post. Yeah.

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh gosh I love this with the ribbon bloom!!!!

blah said...

Looooooooove this card! I also don't enjoy Springing Forward--we should only fall back to get an extra hour :-)

I tagged you--play or don't, it's your choice

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!