Saturday, December 15, 2007

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

Really? Please could someone tell Texas weather that it's Christmastime? It's raining outside. booo... I'd love some snow!!

So here's this week's card for Jen's Sketch for you to try. Do you ever try it? I'd love to see it if you do!! I had a major mojo problem earlier today, but after I took a break and visited this cool blog for a killer color combo (try saying that 3 times fast!!), I think we have a winner. You like?

I wanted a clean and easy card, since it's nearing 1 a.m. here and I don't feel good, so I made it quick and simple. I stamped the polka dot stamp from Polka Dots & Paisley in Close to Cocoa on my Ruby Red card base. Had to use the Stampamajig to line it all up right, for sure! Then I inked up the flower from True Friend with my Ruby Red and Close to Cocoa markers and did some doodling around the image. I also went over the dots around the flower & leaves with my Quickie Glue Pen & added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter for some sparkle. The center of the flower is a blue rhinestone brad from SU as well.

The rest is pretty simple, and I'm tired, so I'm gonna say good night for now. Make sure you check out Carole & Susan's cards to see their take on this sketch. Have a great day!

Stamps: True Friend, Polka Dots & Paisley
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red, Non SU Shimmer Blue Paper, Papertrey White
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Chestnut Roan
Accessories: Rhinestone Brads, Vintage Brads, Dimensionals, Paper Piercer & Mat Pack, Chocolate Wide Grosgrain, Stampamajig, Close to Cocoa & Ruby Red Markers, Quickie Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute card shannan! and thanks for the cool link to that color combo site- she's fun!

Jeanette - said...

Beautiful card Shannan. I love the colors and the layout. I'm going to check out the site you mentioned. It's snowing right now here in Iowa so if you want to come up we can stamp while we watch it snow! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Shannan, your card is wonderful! I love that stamp set! I love to do Jen's sketches each week too! Helps the mojo ;)
I can't believe you WANT snow, I suppose because we see it for 6 or 7 months of the year, I can't stand the stuff!

Christi Flores said...

We've been singing "rain, rain go away" here too! I already don't like the cold but if it's going to be cold there needs to be snow.

This card is awesome and that ribbon is yummy!! Fantastic job!

Ashley said...

OH WOW! This is so beautiful! Hugs! ash~
www.ashleyscreativecorner.com

Lori A. said...

Would someone please tell Texas weather that is needs to stop changing all the time! LOL I'm in Mansfield and it goes from warm to cold and now, as you said, rainy...enough already! :)

Love the card! I really enjoy your blog!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Beautiful card. It's been snowing all day here. You want me to package up some for you?

Anonymous said...

This is soooo pretty! I love the color and layout! Fantastic job Shannan!!

Carolyn King said...

wonderful card...great job with the sketch!

what is with tx weather anyway? lol!

Rose Ann said...

Gorgeous card!! I love it!

I wish I could send you some of our snow. We are having a storm right now. ;)

AJ said...

i've seen that color site before, it rocks!! great card!! hope it warms up for you soon~ (we have had really cold weather too if it makes you feel better!!)

Erin McKinney said...

Great card! I am so glad this set made it into the new catalog!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Super card, Shannan!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Love it, Shannan. . .and those colors are delish! Hope you're feeling better!

Bethany Paull said...

Really nice. I like the squiggle border.

Joan said...

Gorgeous job, as usual!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Have I mentioned that I LOVE that watermark? did you make that yourself! It's purty!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!