Saturday, October 20, 2007

I finally got the Mojo!


I should change that to "I finally got Blogger to upload a photo!!" It's about time!
I'm so excited that I got to do Julee's Mojo Monday challenge this week! I love how this card turned out, and oddly enough I love the colors even though I didn't think I would.
This one's fairly simple to figure out, so I'll tell you what I did this morning...we drug out lazy selves out of bed to go to church! I've never mentioned this before, but I'm a member of The Potter's House, the home of none other than Bishop T.D. Jakes. That man is an amazing and inspiring teacher, and I am so thankful that his church is here in town!
Church starts at 8:30, but even at 7:30 cars were lining the streets to park. The HUGE parking lots both in front and across the street were full and cars lined both sides of the access road to the highway. YIKES! Luckily we got a spot in the "across the street" lot, and didn't have to walk too far. We were really spoiled when Josh broke his foot and had to park in handicapped parking right up front. *wink*
If you've never heard him speak, I'm sure you can find him online (I think there's a feed on his website) or you can always find him on TV. He's been on Dr. Phil recently (can you believe that Dr. Phil was at my church and I missed it???), and I really enjoy listening to his practical, down to earth advice. Not Dr. Phil...TD Jakes. Not that I don't like Dr. Phil, he just irritates me sometimes. But that's a soapbox for another day.
Anywho, I have another card that I have to post later...hope yall are having a wonderful weekend!

Stamps: Carte Postale
Paper: Papertrey White, Basic Black, Basic Gray, River Rock
Ink: Palette Hybrid Noir, River Rock
Accessories: Scallop Punch (SU), Circle Punch, Stickles, Offray Ribbon, Stampamajig, Dimensionals, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, White Glaze Pen

6 comments:

My Paper World said...

Absolutely beautiful, I love the colours!

Melissa said...

My word - this is fabulous!

Dana said...

OMG! I just saw this on Julee's blog and was like, "WHO made that one? It's awesome!" I LOVE that it was you!!! HAHAHAA, I should have known...your work really is inspiring lately Shannan.

Anonymous said...

You certainly DID getthe mojo! :-D Yes, these colors are fabulous--what an elegant card, Shannon!

Robyn said...

Beautiful!! I had a problem a few months ago with Blogger and uploading, too. I figured out that if I just kept on trying it would work eventually. Glad you got yours to work, too!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This card is so classy, Shannan! I love how versatile of a stamper you are. From classy and elegant to rugged and western, just in a day's time. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!